𝟷𝟷. 𝙴𝙳𝙶𝙴 𝙾𝙵 𝙶𝚁𝙴𝙰𝚃

Emily rubbed her hands together as she stood in the crowd of people waiting for the 'Julie and the Phantoms' performance to begin.

The one thing she hated about herself was how fiercely loyal she was. Normally, being extremely loyal would be a good thing... but when it came to Emily, loyalty was different. If you meant anything to her, she'd be loyal to you no matter how badly you screwed up or hurt her.

So, there she was, anxiously waiting for the gig to start because it was her friends' band. Even though she was going to get hurt by watching Luke and Julie interact, she was still going to be there to support them. That's just who Emily Dylan was.

"What's up, everybody?" Flynn spoke over the sound system, "Time to put your hands up, do a little dance, yup. Here's the new anthem from Julie and the Phantoms."

Emily held her breath as she watched Julie emerge from the studio and take a seat at the piano.

Here goes nothing.

"Running from the past,

tripping on the now.

What is lost can be found,

it's obvious.

And like a rubber ball,

we come bouncing back.

We all got a second act inside of us."

The beat dropped, and the boys appeared. Emily letting out a nervous breath and the rest of the crowd letting out a surprised cheer.

"I believe

I believe that we're just one dream,

away from who we're meant to be.

That we're standing on the edge of

something big, something crazy

our best days are yet unknown.

That this moment is ours to own."

Emily watched as Julie danced with Alex and Reggie as she sang, completely ignoring Luke all together.

What was that all about?

A soft smile came to the ghost girl's face when she heard the 3 ghosts start to sing with Julie, she had always loved the way that their voices sounded.

'Cause we're standing on the edge of great.

On the edge of great,

Great.

On the edge of great,

Great.

On the edge of great.

'Cause we're standing on the edge of great!"

Luke began to sing his solo, his eyes automatically finding and locking with Emily's - who swallowed nervously and looked away.

The boy furrowed his eyebrows, what had he done for both Julie and Emily to be ignoring him tonight?

"We all make mistakes,

but they're just stepping stones.

To take us where we wanna go,

it's never straight, no."

Luke nodded at Julie, trying to get her to come sing with her, but she awkwardly turned to face the crowd. The Molina girl allowed her eyes to connect with Emily as she sang her part with Luke, sending her a kind gaze.