𝟷𝟼. 𝙲𝚁𝙾𝚂𝚂 𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚁

"Julie and I were thinking we'd start with 'Stand Tall'."

The four ghosts stood around the piano while Luke went over the setlist. Emily stood by Alex, part of her hoping that if she didn't stick too close to Luke for these last few hours that the pain of him crossing over tonight wouldn't hurt as much.

"Perfect."

"I like it."

"Sounds good."

Luke furrowed his eyebrows at the three, "Sounds good? Dude, wake up! I wanna hear, 'It sounds awesome.' I know this isn't how we wanted things to turn out, but we gotta be all in tonight. This is our second chance at playing the Orpheum!"

At some point during Luke's little rant, Emily's head dropped onto Alex's shoulder. The two always had a sort of brother/sister relationship, so this wasn't too out of the ordinary for them. Luke swallowed harshly at the sight, he wasn't sure why Emily wasn't next to him, but the sight of her next to Alex and Reggie and not him made him somewhat jealous.

"I... I get it, I get it, but it's hard." Reggie began explaining why he had reacted the way he did, "Do we even know what's on the other side when we cross over? Do we still get to hang together?"

Emily winced at the thought. She wasn't ready to lose her boys again.

Alex noticed the change in the girl and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to his side. The girl was thankful he did so. She needed some sort of comfort at the moment, not totally sure why she hadn't decided to seek it from her boyfriend. But still.

"You... you guys are the only family I have." Reggie finished.

The girl whimpered, remembering what Reggie had explained to her how his home life was. She remembered wanting to help him out, but before she could convince her parents to let the boy move in... they all ran away.

Alex spoke up, his arm still around Emily, "Yeah, I mean, I don't know what's gonna happen either, but... it's not like we have a choice."

The boys grew silent for a second, only to be hit pretty harshly by the shocks. Alex let go of Emily when it happened, tears now slowly falling down the girl's cheeks. She couldn't handle it.

She shook her head as she walked away, only to a different area of the studio. Why couldn't she ever have a happy ending?

"Pretty sure we do," Emily heard Reggie groan from across the room, "And it rhymes with Hollywood Ghost Club."

Her heart panged with hurt at the thought of them going back there. That club had already caused her enough pain in her ghost 'life' and she wasn't about to lose more friends to it.

Emily was about to walk back over to the boys to be back with her boyfriend, suddenly feeling extremely guilty for ignoring him the past few hours when the doors to the studio opened wide and Julie walked in.

"You guys ready?" she asked with the biggest smile on her face, completely oblivious to the fact that the boys had just received their biggest shock yet.

Julie's smile disappeared when she noticed the looks on the boys' faces. "What's wrong?"

The three boys walked closer to their Lifer friend, "Yeah, we just got rocked pretty hard by one of those jolt things." Alex explained.

Reggie nodded, "Pretty sure I ghost peed a little."

"But we're fine." Luke tried to cover up the fact that the four ghosts were absolutely terrified at the moment.

Julie asked to talk to Luke who instantly agreed, the two being rather close friends. Alex and Reggie, on the other hand, made their way over to where Emily sat. The two boys looked at her with concerned filled faces.