𝟷𝟻. 𝙷𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚁𝙰𝙼 𝙱𝙰𝙽𝙳

"No... no, stop. Stop!"

It was the coordinator for the Orpheum yelling at whoever was on the phone that the four ghosts heard upon 'poofing' into the office. Willie had managed to make the bus of the opener for that night 'drive itself' all the way to Las Vegas overnight - meaning they'd be unable to actually be the opening act. Needless to say, the coordinator was not happy.

"Stop saying the bus drove itself!" the man yelled, beating the phone on itself.

The ghosts watched in shock and concern. Was this man okay?

Luke's hand slid into Emily's as they stood there. Something about the two of them finding the utmost comfort in each other.

Reggie rolled his eyes, "Yeah, Willie's right, this guy's a total pro."

Emily and Luke chuckled, the girl's head now resting on her boyfriend's shoulder. That's when Luke decided to speak up.

"All right, let the magic happen." The guitarist's eyes found the drummer's, "Alex, no dancing."

Alex pretended to dance ballet, spinning behind the woman at the desk next to them. As the drummer knocked a cup of pens off of the desk, the other three ghosts worked to search up their performance of 'Edge of Great' while the woman bent down to pick up her pens - Alex even taking the time to write down Julie's phone number for the woman.

Emily furrowed her eyebrows, genuinely confused as to how Alex knew the girl's cell phone number. Maybe he had asked her before they left?

The four ghosts all leaned in as the woman watched the video now playing on her laptop. Good thing is, she seemed genuinely intrigued.

"Tasha! Get me CJ." the man called out to his assistant. "Tell him I need a band to open in three hours."

"Sure, but you might wanna check this out."

"What? I'll call you back." the man spoke into the receiver before hanging the phone up.

The man walked over to his assistant's desk, leaning in to see what she was talking about.

"Somehow, this video started playing on my laptop." Tasha began to explain, "It's got half a million hits in just two days."

"Who are they?" the man asked as he watched in awe.

"They're a hologram band."

Emily shrugged, "Ghosts actually, but ok."

Luke nudged her side with her arm which only caused Emily to roll her eyes in return.

"They call themselves, Julie and the Phantoms." Tasha read their name from the screen.

Reggie smirked at the woman, "Tell your friends."

"Where are they located?"

"Our very own City of Angels."

The man instructed Tasha to book the band, earning a cheer from the four ghosts who all quickly joined each other in a group hug. That was when Tasha found the phone number Alex had written down for her, the woman looking around the room with a confused look on her face still not quite sure how the number got there.

"Your handwriting is better than mine." Luke pouted.

Emily chuckled, squeezing her boyfriend's hand, "Everyone had better handwriting than you, Babe."

Luke ignored the fluttering feeling in his chest and continued to show his discontentment through a pout. He hated how strong of a hold Emily had over him.

The four ghosts 'poofed' back to the studio, anxious to share the news with their Lifer friend. Julie was anxiously pacing when they returned, the girl immediately fussing at her friends upon their arrival.

"Oh my gosh! What took you guys so long? Did Willie do it?" the girl questioned. "Did you talk to them? Did they watch? Did they like us? Are we playing? Someone answer! Why's no one talking?"

"Whoa! That's a lot of questions. Em, you wanna take this one?" Reggie panicked, looking to the girl for help.

She smirked, stepping forward, "Take a seat, Jules." The girl followed directions, the four ghosts now kneeling down on the other side of the table, "It's fine. Everything's fine."

That's when Alex cut in. "Yeah! You should be getting a call right... now!"

Everyone stared down at Julie's phone. After a few seconds, nothing happened.

They all stared at Alex awkwardly, "Okay..." He stalled for another couple of seconds, "Right... now!"

And sure enough, the phone began to ring.

Julie began to scream while the other four high-fived. Then Reggie prompted her to answer the phone.

The Molina girl cleared her throat before clicking the answer button, "Hello?"

"Hi, this is Tasha from the Orpheum in Hollywood." the five jumped up and began cheering silently. They paused, however, when Tasha began speaking again. "Is this Julie of Julie and the Phantoms?"

Julie bent over to pick her phone up, taking it off of speaker, "Yes, it is."

"Hi! Are you available to open for us tonight?"

The boys were doing some weird thing where they picked up Alex while Julie and Emily were jumping on the coffee table. "Yeah, totally!"

Julie ended the call with the woman, leaving them all cheering. They were playing the Orpheum tonight! The boys finally were getting to play the Orpheum - 25 years after they were supposed to, but still.

Emily paused, a thought popping into her mind.

The boys were playing this show so they could cross over. This was their unfinished business. After tonight, they'd be gone forever.

After tonight, Luke and Emily would no longer be together.

❤︎
𝚑𝚒, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝟹 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜!