chapter 20

Warning: The chapter ahead will include tough topics for some readers. If you are not comfortable with subjects of detailed self harm or suicide,, and decide to stop reading, I completely understand.... This is also a reminder to to be aware of mental illness. Depression, suicide, abuse, self harm, and many other things are not a joke, and should be taken seriously. If you or a loved one is going through anything, please know that you aren't alone in any situation. From someone who use to do self harm, I can say that things truly do get better. Thank you for reading and taking your time to acknowledge this caution.

Kageyama's pov
Hinata looked back at me, and gave a small smile. He turned back around, and started walking closer towards the edge.

My legs were still frozen in place, but my mouth was finally able to open.

"HINATA! WAIT! YOU DON'T HAVE TO-" I was loosing breathe. There were to many things going on at once.

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS, WE CAN- WE CAN TALK! WE CAN TALK IT OUT! PLEASE JUST HOLD ON-" I shouted out at him, but he just continued walking closer and closer to the edge.

"HINATA, YOU AREN'T THINKING THIS THROUGH! YOU WON'T SURVIVE THAT FALL, ITS ATLEAST FIVE STORIES DOWN! PLEASE JUST WAIT! PLEASE I AM BEGGING!" I yelled, gasping for air. I could barely see properly; my eyes were blurred from tears.

Hinata was now only a few steps away from the edge. My legs finally felt free, and I was able to move. By the time I realized this, he was already at the edge. He had already stepped over the metal railing. He was one step away from me never seeing him again.

I began sprinting towards him, my heart was pounding and I could hardly breathe.

I was so close to him.

I was almost there.

Just a little further.

Just a little further!

He looked back at me again.

I was a few feet away from him.

He gave off a tiny grin.

Just a few more steps until I was near him.

"Bye." He whispered.

My heart stopped as I watched him turn back around. He put his foot out. He took his final step. He fell.

I ran to the edge, fell on my hands and knees, and looked down.

"SHOUYOU!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

It was almost like I was watching a movie in slow motion.

I could see him falling down into the trees below.

I could see his body floating down.

I could see the blood from his arms flying off.

I could see his eyes sealed shut, scared of opening them.

I could see a small smile from his face.

As soon as I could see him, as soon as I could see my friend for the final time, he vanished into the trees.

He was gone.

Hinata's pov
"Bye." I whispered for the last time.

I took my final step, and could feel myself falling down. I sealed my eyes shut as I heard Kageyama scream my name.