Chapter 35: Trust Fall

Yanny got up from her bed putting on her slippers before making her way down the long flight of stairs. She saw Angeldust already at the bar chatting with Husk.

"Hey guys." She said with a yawn, greeting the people she would be temporarily living with. Angeldust waved to her before going back to talking to Husk. Yanny walked past them and sat down on the dusty sofa. A cloud of dust went upwards as she took a seat.

Yanny looked out the window next to her side. The red glow from the outside shined in. Charlie barged into the bar area.

"Good Morning everyone! Today we will be doing team building exercises!" everyone groaned.

"Hey can I go get something from my room?" Yanny requested.

"Yes but go quick!" Charlie rushed. Yanny popped up from the dusty old couch and went up to her hotel room. She went inside and locked the door

I'm not doing shit today

She looked around her room looking through her belongings, she pulled out a small crate from under her bed that had been wrapped in a small satin cloth. She unwrapped it and opened the chest, to pull out a book she had stowed away since she had moved into the hotel.

If I'm going to get out of here I need to study more.

She gazed upon the blue cover of the book before opening to where she had left off, The chapters she read through included different spells and possession for demons. Yanny had no desire to go to heaven, she wanted to go back to earth. What she had learned so far in her book consisted of how possession worked on earth and what were her requirements. Yanny looked down at her notes she had left on a small piece of paper in the book before pulling it out and re-reading it

Requirements for possession are as follows: if you are a demon you must be able to leave hell, If you have committed a sin such as murder, you will not be able to leave at your own will. You may only be drawn out by outside forces. In order to be picked to be drawn by outside forces you must be a part of a cult if you do not pick your cult there is no one way to find out which one you are in, it's easiest to do so when you are already on earth. You will not get to pick your cult if you committed murder it will be assigned for you once you start the process of gaining the ability to possess. If you are not finished with your process or are powerful enough by the time you possess a human being there may be some errors. If there are no errors, when you possess another human being their soul is erased which also means you will not retain any memories but your own. Please take precautions when possessing because after you possess someone you will no longer have a corporeal form (not even in hell), you will just be considered a ghost.

Yanny felt comfortable with her notes and decided to skim through some of her other books about spell casting, and was seeing if there was anything worth writing down.

Spellcasting is something only very few demons able to do upon entering hell. Not every demon is able to perform spells, We are unsure of what gives demons the ability to perform spells but only about 30% of the population in hell is able to.

Yanny skimmed more through the book before hearing a knock at her door.

"Yanny, you in there?" She heard Angeldust's voice.

"Yeah just a minute!" Yanny quickly took her books and notes and put them back into the small wooden crate before covering it with the cloth again.

"What took you so long? Charlie is waiting." Yanny started to follow angeldust back downstairs.

"We can group up if you like. Charlie wanted us to pick partners and I'm the only one missing someone." Yanny nodded her head in agreement and continued down to the bar with Angeldust.

"Ok everyone, we will be doing the trust fall first."

Angeldust turned to yanny and held out his arms. Yanny fell back and to her surprise, he caught her. Yanny stood up and looked around the rest of the entry room seeing a few people letting their partner fall.

"Ok everyone, switch partners and do it with someone else." Alastor came rushing up to Yanny.

"Yanny will you catch me?" He asked. She nodded her head yes.

"Ok, fall into your partner's arms!" Charlie yelled out, When Alastor leaned back Yanny moved her arms away and let Alastor fall to the ground. She heard Angeldust laugh which caused her to start laughing as well. Alastor looked up at her.

"You'll regret this." Yanny wasn't all that intimidated by Alastor so she brushed it off and continued with the activity.

"Ok well that looks like all the time we have for now, You guys can go into your rooms for the rest of the day." Charlie said.

"Well, I'm going to go take a nap." Yanny said to no one in particular. She went back up the stairs once again then laid back in her bed. Shutting her eyes.