20.) Epilogue

5 years later

Everyone's nerves are through the roof today. Everyone is rushing around making sure everything is perfect.

"I'm nervous what if he says no," Rhyme says to her maid of honor.

"He's not going to say no Rhy. He loves you too much." Kat said to the girl sitting in a beautiful white gown as she gets her makeup done by another bridesmaid by the name of Devyn.

Tara walked into the room in a dress the same color as Kats and Devyn's. Rhyme insisted that they find different styles but the same color.

"I found it," Tara said holding up the hair comb.

It was Lyrics, she bought it for her sixteenth birthday, she planned to wear it to her wedding but the world had other plans.

Ms. Mel suggested that Rhyme would wear it to hers as her something borrowed.

The girl sighed in relief seeing the shimmering accessory in Tara's hand. Devyn had just finished her makeup and Tara walked over and pinned it right above her veil.

"Oh god, I'm gonna cry." Rhyme said

"No no no I spent so much time on your lashes and your happy tears are not going to ruin them," Devyn said.

The girls laugh in unison.

"Okay, we have five minutes, use the bathroom now if you need to," Kat said

Rhyme thought about it for a second before walking into the restroom.

Meanwhile just down the hall.

"You look good brother," Sam said to his best friend as they look into the body mirror straightening out their suits making sure they look presentable.

"I'm scared. I love her with all my heart." Colby said fixing the cuffs of his all-black suit. He hadn't done his tie yet.

"Hey, son." Colby's dad walks into the room.

A smile spreads across Sam's face as he watches the surprised one on Colby's face.

"Dad, I thought you couldn't make it." He said rushing over to hug his father.

"You're mother insisted I take a week off. And I wasn't going to miss the biggest day of you're life. You know it's about time you put a ring on her finger." Layne laughs. He noticed the undone tie and begins to put the finishing touches on Colby's suit

"I've wanted to the day I told her I loved her." Colby admitted, "where's mom?" He asked

"She's talking to Melody." He says referring to Rhyme's mother. Colby's future mother in law.

"We've got two minutes," Corey said to the rest of the men in the room.

"I'll see you out there son," Layne said as he kissed the top of Colby's head before exiting the room.

Jake, Corey, Sam, and Colby stood in a circle.

"I can't believe it's happening," Sam said

"I know bro it's crazy I feel like just yesterday we met her," Corey said

"Who would have thought. Colby getting together with our fucking neighbor." Jake laughed

"Let alone marrying her." Sam adds.

"But seriously brother. She's a keeper. We know you're our best friend but she's like our little sister. You break her heart we beat the fuck out of you, understood." Corey said

"I could never do anything to hurt her," Colby said

There was a knock at the door.

"It's time boys." The familiar voice rang.