Tug of War

Char&Tremaine

Char and Trey been together for a little minute. Char can't really say they are in a relationship because she don't want to trust the wrong one. She knows Trey can tell, but he doesn't do or say anything about it. She likes it that way so she don't have to be too reserved.

She walks in her apartment and place her things on the counter. She quickly take her bra off and goes to her room to throw it in the hamper. She strips down to her underwear and put a tshirt on. Her phone goes off and she grabs it. It's a text from Trey.

"Can I come by?"

She responds.

"Yeah, I just got in."

She put her phone down and put her hair in a ponytail. Her phone goes off again.

"I'll be there in a few."

She feels like something is up. He usually say "bet," but that's not the case today. She shrug it off and put her phone down, laying on the bed. A few moments later there's a knock on the door. She goes to the door and open it.

C: Hey.

T: Wassup?

He walks in and kiss her forehead. He sits down on the couch and she follows him.

T: How was today?

C: It was alright as usual, nothing special.

He nods his head as she looks at him.

C: Is something on your mind?

She ask as she place her hand on his arm. He looks at her before answering.

T: I know you don't want to talk about this, but we have to in order for this to work.

She knows exactly what he's talking about and sighs.

C: I really don't wanna talk about it Tremaine.

T: Baby how are we going to move forward when you can't simply talk to me?

She gets quiet.

T: I don't want to let us go, but I am not gonna continue trying to pull you in when you're pushing me away.

It gets quiet for a second before she speaks.

C: 2007.

She says low as Trey look at her.

T: Huh?

C: My last real relationship. I put all my trust into him. I was willing to take the pain so he don't have to. Granted I was young, I fell in love with him. I learned that he didn't feel the same way about me, and he eventually left me with no reason.

She wipes a tear from her eye as she continues.

C: I don't want to go through that again. That's why I said fuck love and just started dating.

T: Thank you for opening up to me.

He pulls her close to him as she exhales.

C: I want us to continue, but I still have this wall.

T: I feel you babe. I will earn your trust no matter how long it takes.

C: Thank you.

She looks at him and kiss his lips.

T: I really care about you Char.

C: I care about you too Tremaine.

T: We can take this as slow as you want.

She lays her head on his chest.