7. Little Blue

Liam had been noticing something odd with his boyfriend.

One day Blue would be talking to him like usual, chattering on about his day, what assignments he had to complete, what his friends were doing. And the next, Liam would find him holed up in bed cuddling a teddy bear and secretly watching cartoons. When Liam asked him if he was okay, Blue would blink up at him as a child would, then snap out of whatever trance he was in and quickly hide the bear and act normal.

Liam took out his phone and typed in "adults that cuddle teddy bears and watch cartoons". It took him a while, but he eventually found the term: DDLB, or Daddy Dom and Little Boy. After reading up on such relationships, he watched Blue closely for a couple days, wanting to be sure of his theory before asking Blue. He knew he was right when he found a coloring book jammed under the bed when he was cleaning. It was for ages two to five.

Confronting Blue bluntly would only hurt him. Liam wasn't disgusted with this part of Blue and wanted the other boy to know Liam accepted him totally. He loved him, and that would never change.

"Blue?"

Blue was busy scribbling down an essay that was due next week. "Hm."

"Can we talk about something?"

"Like what?" Blue was distracted by the essay.

"That's not due till next week, babe." Liam pulled the essay away.

Blue made a face, trying to grab the notebook he'd been writing in back. "Hey! I need that!"

Liam held up the coloring book, and Blue fell silent. He swallowed hard. Liam waited for Blue to say something, and was shocked when he noticed his precious boyfriend was trying not to cry.

"I'm sorry," Blue's voice wobbled. "I-I can explain."

"I have a question."

Blue fell silent again. He finally looked up at Liam with tear-filled eyes.

"Are you a little, Blue?"

"...yes..." Blue whispered, dropping his gaze again. He felt so ashamed and humiliated. What would Liam think of him??

"Okay."

Blue whipped his head back. "What...'Okay'??"

Liam shrugged, setting the coloring book on the desk. "What? I just wanted you to be truthful with me."

"You're not disgusted with it?"

Liam's eyes flashed in anger, causing Blue to recoil. "Who the hell made you feel like you were disgusting for being a little??" That fucker will need to eat through a tube the rest of his life!

"N-no one," Blue stammered out. He tensed when he felt arms surround him, then gradually relaxed into Liam's hold.

"I love you, Blue," Liam said softly. He kissed Blue's temple. "And this is just another side of you to love. I'm a bit hurt you didn't tell me about it, and I had to find it out for myself, but I honestly am not disgusted with something that helps you feel better. Everyone needs something to take away stress. Your method just happens to be this, and there's nothing wrong with it, or you. Okay?"

Blue nodded against Liam's chest, clinging to him like a little child.

"Now," Liam drew back a bit to look his boyfriend in the eyes. "Tell me about it. What age are you when you go into littlespace?"

"I'm six."

"Do you need anything in particular when you regress?"

Blue thought about it for a moment. "Not really. I like to watch cartoons and color. But I can't cuddle by myself."