Chapter 17: Midnight Attack

This may have a trigger warning if you have experienced trauma. I promise it's not so strong. I just dont wanna spoil. Hope you enjoy it starts getting intense...

Jugheads POV

The party had been over by this time, Betty and I were sitting with Toni going over the new information she had found out from Cheryl Blossom.. She mentioned how she found Cheryl and what state was she in, and how was she able to calm her down. I was trying to analyse every word that she was saying. But somehow I kept getting distracted… by the beautiful blond that was sitting across from me. The way she passed her hand through her hair and moved it side to side, the way she unconsciously bit her lip from being anxious, and rubbing her hands together. Betty’s gazed snapped me back into reality.

J- Whats up?

B- Were you even listening to any of that?

J- Of course I was. 

I said that with a smirk on my face like I was lying, while she just rolled her eyes at me. Cooper proceeded listening to Toni. After she was done talking about how the party went she mentioned the name of the mafia boss.

T-  We have a name… for the mafia boss… Chance Christopoulos.

Christopoulos, Christopoulos… something was making me feel anxious about hearing that word. Like I have heard it before, like I had known him, and maybe I have had. 

B- What do we know?

T- He’s the main boss, the big fish we need to destroy the organization. Thank god we rescued Cheryl, she knows a lot, since.. Her family is involved.

B- Did.. she... mention why she was taken?

T- Yeah, it was a lot, she suffered mistreatment, family abuse by all of them, and well maybe you should ask her. I don't know if it's appropriate to say, you know.

B- Toni dont worry, trust me I understand

J- Is there anything else we need to know? 

T- No, that is it, um I actually was gonna ask one thing. 

J- Yeah what 's up?

T- Could I stay here tonight. I know I need to go back, but we can’t move Cheryl yet, until tomorrow and I would like to just make sure she's okay.

I could sense the protectiveness Toni now felt Cheryl. I didn't know much about their interaction, but it seemed like they had gotten along.

B- Of course I don't mind

Betty turned to look at me for confirmation, I nodded there was no trouble. This wasn't even ours to begin with.

J- Yeah I don't either, there's a spare room.

T- Okay, thank you

B- I will get you some sheets, toiletries and anything else you might need. It's already around 2 and we should prepare for bed for tomorrow. 

T-Okay

I was cleaning some last stuff when Toni spoke up to ask me something.

T- Hey Jughead which room is yours? I know which ones Betty's but I don't want to obviously invade your room.

How would I explain this

J- Um yeah no worries, I actually share a room with Betty. 

T- Really?,when there more than 1 room? Hmmm … interesting.

J- Well we didn't know there was a spare room on the bottom floor, we didn't see it was one of the extra doors and it was in the basement. This house is huge, and it's divided into 2 rooms. Plus we usually sleep in the same room, we're used to it.