Chapter 2: Going Back Home

Jugheads POV:

I was on my way to the small apartment the FBI had provided us for this mission. I was exhausted and I knew Betty was too, we had been working non-stop and I knew she wanted it to be over so bad so she could have 2 months for herself. I personally wanted the break as well. This job could be so exhausting sometimes. But no matter how tired I was, I will always annoy the crap out of Betty,  it was just so fun to hear her frustration through the microphone. She made my day, that annoyance was what I lived for.

J- Betts I'm here

B- Hey , how did the rest go?

J- Very good, they arrived and took the boss to incarcerate him in the United States Federal prison. Let's just hope everything goes well and he doesn't escape or any of those other things that can happen. At least it was the army agents that work with the FBI. By the way you look amazing in that dress.

B-  Who was on the case today? And thanks I always do.

J- It was Fangs, and of course you do love

I have her an air kiss and a smirk, she will get soo annoyed.

B-  OMG Jug, you are so annoying .......

J- Sorry sorry, I'll stop

B- Anyway , I haven't seen Fangs in a while, how was he?

J- I hadn't either, I was happy to see him. I still don't know why he is still in the army, but he says he's happy there.

B- Do you not miss it?

Betty knows that I am an army veteran, I joined the army when I was 18. I wanted to leave home back in New York, it was after I had a fight with my dad over the Serpents. The army paid for my College,  I was smart and was able to complete my years and attend the University of Pennsylvania, where I got my majors.

J- Betty honestly I really don't, it provided me with great things and opportunities. I made great friends who I know are family. But no, I really don't miss being in the army.

B- You know, in spite of all of our differences and how much I really can't stand much about you. And the fact that you are the most annoying person I have met in my life and.....

J- I think I get it Betts

I cut in, knowing she will rant all the things she dislikes. I had to laugh at the things she was saying.

B- What I was trying to say is that, I will always be here for anything. No matter how many differences we had and how annoying you are.

J- I will too Betts, after all you are one of the only people that can know everything about me.

B- I know what you mean, having this job is hard for personal relationships. No one can ever really know what we do. We have to trust them and before we can even get a chance to tell them , they leave because we have no time for them.

Betty looked a little sentimental, I didn't want to make her feel bad.

J- Is everything for us to leave

B- Yes everything is packed, I even packed your clothes.

J- Awww what is this sweet side I'm getting from Miss Betty Cooper.

B- Oh shut up, I just really want to leave, I haven't slept in days.

J- I will call Veronica to see what she tells me

~After the phone call~

J- Betts...

B- Yeah..?

J- We will leave tomorrow morning

B- I thought we were supposed to leave today.

J- I did too, but don't worry,  I will pack all of the files and you can go rest.

B- I'm going to take a bath to relax, I'll see you later

J- Okay, I will finish here and when you are finished I will take a shower and go to bed.

~ The next morning ~

Betty's POV:

Jug and I woke up early in the morning, took showers and got ready , we headed to the private airport. Where we would go back home to New York. I loved New York, I moved there after I left Riverdale and went to college in Michigan. After I graduated I moved to New York, after Charles found a position for me and Veronica. Right now she's the boss of all the FBI agents in our department.

Jughead and I got on the plane and headed back to New York. I had a feeling something big was coming and I just hoped it was good. I looked at Jug and then fell asleep next to him, dreaming of a beautiful future.....