Chapter 19: Let the Traveling begin

Jugheads POV:

I knew Betty was more confused than ever, but I knew it was the safest. There was a place not even Chic Cooper knew, a place he wouldn't know to look and that was the safest for us.

We were now aware of where we were going. This train was heading to Monte-Carlo station. Betty and I were heading West and into France, while Toni and Cheryl were heading the opposite direction. Something told me they were returning to the States. But then again were we, he would look everywhere but there. And that was our advantage. No one in their right mind would go to the obvious choice, which is why it was the smartest, yet risky choice. Think wrong twice and you get right..

We were finally reaching the station, passports in hand, ready for anything. We had no choice but to use the game ones we had. Luckily we had extra, both the Force passports and our real ones would be too risky. Everything was risky.

T- This is where we break off, Betty, Jones, good luck.

B- Thanks Toni

J-Thank you Topaz, wish you guys luck too.

C- Thank you

T-Thanks

The trial doors opened, Cheryl and Toni went before us to not look suspicious, while Betts and I waited a couple seconds to go. Betty was now wearing an extra coat I had because hers got stained with blood.

B- Do you think they have showers so we can freshen up?

J- I'm sure they do, let's go find them so we also make sure your wound is clean and doesn't get infected.

We had been in the train for more than 3 hours and we were exhausted. Betty had fallen asleep, but I couldn't. My mind couldn't stop thinking about everything. There were too many things on my mind. Like the way her mission had gone, finding out about who the leader was, having a bad dream about Archie's incident, my PTSD resurfacing, and the kiss. How I could not forget about the kiss. Betty soft lips on mine, the way they moved in sync, how it felt like everything was finally falling into place, like a weight had been lifted off my chest. But there was no time to think about that now, we needed to get out of Europe, away from Chic.

B- Jug I found the showers, I'm going to go.

J-I'll meet you here outside, I'm going to them showers.

B- Okay

Betty's POV:

It had been hours since the attack, and I was more nervous by the minute. There were too many events on my mind and I just needed a shower and needed to freshen up. We were not going to leave France in pajamas while being dirty. There was no way they would allow us to pass. I was exhausted, I couldn't even think, let along move. I entered the bathroom showers and closed the curtain placing all my stuff on a bench. I turned on the shower and just let the hot water soak into my skin. And that's when everything hit me, we were now in the run, split off from Toni and Cheryl. Just Jughead and I, in a gigantic train center, which has many stores, trains, stations, etc. On our way to who knew where, and then there was the kiss. The kiss Jughead and I shared, an intimate and beautiful moment that felt right but right now would complicate things. Oh what were they going to do, they had just messed up and complicated things. I finished dressing up and changed into some warm clothing. It was fall time and it was cold in France. I put on some ripped jeans, a white sweater, with some congrats boots and a grey long coat over my outfit. I brushed my wet hair and put on a beanie, and did some low buns to hide most of my hair. I walked out to meet Jughead and he was already showered and ready and wearing a beanie. Wearing some light Jean's, not tight at all but not wide. He hated skinny jeans, he was wearing a maroon shirt with a bomber jacket.