Chapter 21: "We protect"

Betty's POV:

We had finally made it to a type of Serpents protection building where a lot still lived. It was in the middle of nowhere and was a huge mansion with many floors up. It had a beautiful courtyard, gate and underground basement. Jughead and I parked and made it to the elevator. Just as the doors opened we were greeted by a giant Welcome party. Jughead didn't look to please, for  he kept looking back to a tall man who shared a significant resemblance with him. From what I could guess he was Jughead's dad. I honestly didn't know what to do. I was standing awkwardly. Jughead was hugged by pretty much everyone. His mom was crying of happiness and couldn't seem to let go. He was hugged by a young man around our age, some young women the same age, younger, some little kids, adults, etc. He seemed to really be loved. And then it was time for the man Jughead kept glancing to, he seemed tough and serious. A man no one would mess with, he had strong arms and stood up straight, about Jugheads height, if not a few inches taller. He was handsome, he looked older but like he took care of himself and looked younger than the age he probably was. He looked like an older version of Jughead. He finally reached him, it looked like he was gonna act cold with his own son. But suddenly he just hugged him tightly, like a dad who loved his son with his entire being. It made me happy to see he was so loved, I couldn't understand how he could have left this. For I had lost my family and had not desired anything but them. They finally let go and the man had his eyes watery. Jughead looked joyful and grateful. You could see the joy in his eyes when he saw and hugged his family and other members of the Serpents. They were just one big family. Then there was one more person who arrived, he was young.

J- Little brother, wow you have grown a little.

Fitzgerald- Yes I have, I'm not little gerald, I'm Fitzgerald

J- Yeah right

Jughead said and laughed as the guy hugged him and patted his back.

Fitzgerald- You have finally arrived, you missed us didn't you. 

J- I have missed some, but certainly not you

Everyone laughed, including me. It was a nice banter between brothers.

Gladys- As much as I love you both, we need to get going and eat at the dining rooms.

Everyone started moving into the hallways and into what I heard was the dining room. I saw Jughead turn and stop waiting for me.

J- Hey, sorry they get a bit carried away

B- No don't worry, I love it you guys are a great family. They all really love you. 

J- Ahh I hope

We both laughed, and then Jughead's parents and brother approached. 

Gladys- You must be Betty, is that right?

B- Yes, it's a pleasure to meet you

FP- The pleasures ours

Gladys gave me a hug and came to my side, while I shook hands with Fp and Jugheads brother.

Gladys- We've heard a lot about you and I'm so happy you're here.

B- Thank you for having us, I hope this isn't an inconvenience. I didn't know we were coming. I don't want to put any of you in danger and whenever you need me to leave just say the word. Jugheads your son but I'm not and I don't want to intrude.

FP- Nonsense, if you're with Jughead, you're with us.

Brother- We will protect you

B- I appreciate this so much 

Gladys- Now let's go eat so we can get you all prepared. You'll love it here, and we can all show you around if you'll like. 

B- Thank you