Chapter 18: "Its just a bullet"

Was not gonna leave you guys with the suspense...

Jugheads POV:

T- We need to go NOW!!!!

She looked serious and I didnt know what to think.

J- Why what happened?? What time is it?

T-They are coming for us, I'll explain later, now move move move. It's around 3 in the morning, hurry.Get your emergency duffle bags.

J- Cooper get the clothes and passports, I'll get the weapons and money.

B- Got it

T- I'll be back in a minute with ours

I hurried down and grabbed the duffle bag from under the bed, Jughead hurried into the closet. I grabbed a long coat to put over myself from the closet, since I was in pajamas. Jughead grabbed one for himself and we hurried to meet Toni and Cheryl outside our door.

B- What about our equipment.

T- I have the most important thing here, let's go.

Just as she said that we heard it, a bang. Someone was trying to break the entrance door.

J-This way, there's an emergency exit through the outside balcony.

We all hurried and followed him and then there was another bag, this time they used a bomb to break down the entrance. They stormed in and started shooting at anything, since there was a big cloud of smoke. We hurried down the fire escape making it to the street. We still heard them shooting down to us. A few started descending the fire escape.

T- Run to the metro station, it's the only way 

I could hear them running a few hundred feet from us. We descended the metro steps and ran towards the train. It was approaching, we would make it in time.

C-They will catch us

Cheryl said with watery eyes and in panicking.

T-They won't, just keep running she screamed for her to hear.

We ran and got in the train with open doors that were soon closing. Perfect I thought, even if they made it to us the train doors would close. Toni and Cheryl climbed in, I was behind Jughead, he got in. I got in almost not making it. I made it  just as the doors started closing a few inches apart. And that's when I felt it.

B- Fuck

J- Cooper

I had just been shot in the back of my arm. Thankful it wasn't in any dangerous place.

Jughead grabbed me. And that's when I saw him. The one and only Chic Cooper, I saw the way he laughed emotionless. How could he, he was a friend, Charles best friend. And as my mind was racing all over the place, Jughead dragged me to a seat. 

J- Betty are you okay??

Jughead asked me, and you could hear the concern in his voice.

B- Its just a bullet to the arm

J- Toni hand me a turnicket from the duffle bag, we need to tie the wound so she doesn't lose more blood. Check if there's a medical kit,  I don't know if it's packed. 

T- Here you go

Toni threw the things to Jughead.

C-I can help, I have some experience in the medical field. It's what I was studying before this happened.

T- Do you want to?

C- Yes I would love to

J-Thank you, I'm not great at this, Betts it's the one who cures my injuries usually.

B-You got that right

I said laughing with them. Cheryl proceeded to help clean and patch my wound. When she finished she asked us a question that we didn't know how to answer.

C- What are we going to do now?

What were we going to do now, the train was now speeding off to who knows where and we were being persecuted by Chic nevertheless. Toni and Jughead looked at each other then at me and I was just as clueless as them.

B- Guys I saw Chic

T- CHIC???

B- Yes, he was the face I saw who shot me.

J- Who 's Chic? 

B- He works for the CIA

T- And he's Charles right hand man. Which means he knows everything about his...and us...how could he.

J- Were so screwed 

And indeed we are, we had no safe place to go, no idea where we were heading and to add to all of that. Who was hunting us knew us very well. We couldn't make contact with Charles for help, Chic would know. And even if we called him to tell, he would listen and hurt Charles. And find our location. Jughead interrupted me out of my thoughts.

J- We will need to split up

B- Split up?

T- Hes right, it's safer he won't be able to track us at the same time. We will need to go to different locations and not be in contact. In case he finds one of us, he won't find the rest.

J- We need to do it in 2s. Betty's hurt so she needs me, and Cheryl is also in more danger than us. She's not used to doing this, Toni you have to be with her.

T- I know, we will go East

J- Well go West

T- We shouldnt reveal location either, but you should take one of the radios, and in extreme danger we contact each other.

Toni and Cheryl met up to discuss their plan and Jughead sat next to me, checking if I was okay and ready to discuss the plan.

B- Where do you plan on having us go?

I whispered to him.

J- We are going "home"...

Home… home? Omg we are so dead