7|Arranged

~We plan, and Allah plans and HE is the best of planners♡~

ABUJA,NIGERIA.

"What! I'm so sorry Hajiya! But there is no way I'm getting married and that to, to Jalilah! For heaven's sake, she's my little sister!"

Alhaji Abdurrahman and Hajiya Khadijah were also awestruck by Hajiya's words.

"Hajiya we respect your decison, Khadijah and i had always dream about this. It's really a good suggestion, but don't you think Jalilah is still a child?." Alhaji Abdurrahman said.

"Yes Abdul,  I know my Jalilah is still a kid. But at this moment. Jalilah is the only one who could bring Jalal out of his shell. I'm really tired of seeing him broken like this it's been years already!." Hajiya Zainab said.

"But Hajiya, i think it will be better if she starts her University first. She will be more matured by then." Hajiya Khadijah suggested.

"I didn't ask for your opinion woman!did i? It's not as if Jalilah is your daughter!" Hajiya Zainab said with venom dripping from her voice.

"Haba Hajiya, Khadijah is Jalilah's mother. She raised her and gave her all the motherly love she deserves." Alhaji Abdurrahman said.

"Please Abdul. I'm not in for your wife's little drama as i was saying i want Jalal and Jalilah's wedding to take place as soon as possible."Hajiya Zainab said.

"Hajiya i already told you i'm not gonna get married, and especially not to Jalilah! She is just a kid!This is child abuse."Jalal calmly said. There is no way on earth he will get married to Jalilah.

"I've already made my decision Jalal and there is no going back!The wedding will take place in the next five months In Sha Allah, by then Jalilah would be done with her school." Hajiya Zainab said with finality.

"Does Maheera has a suitor?if possible we are gonna have two weddings." Hajiya Zainab asked directing her question to Hajiya Khadijah.

"YesHajiya, but she told me he isn't ready for marriage yet."

"Okay then, Abdul are you happy with my decision?"

"Yes Hajiya, i'm very happy about it may we all live to witness it." Alhaji Abdurrahman prayed with a beautiful smile etched on his lips.

"Ameen." They all happily answered with the exception of Jalal who of course is boiling within.

"And one more thing, do not tell her or any of the kids." Hajiya Zainab said. Knowing Jalilah, she would throw fists and tantrums if she's to learn about the arrangements.

"In Sha Allah."

"Can i leave now?" Jalal asked in his usually calm demeanor.

"I'm sorry my Jalal, i  know you are angry at me now,  but one day you will realize it's the best decision to be ever made." Hajiya Zainab smiled brushing her hands on his soft tresses.

"Mumyy." They heard Jalilah's whinny voice from upstairs.

Jalal stood up and exited the dining room wondering how he will cope with the kid after their so-called marriage.

Upon entering his room, Jalal sat down on his bed with head buried in between his hands. He let out a whoosh brushing his face with his palms.

"Innanilahi wa'ina ilaihi raji'un; From Allah we are and unto him we shall return." He whispered in a bid to calm his palpitating heart. But that did nothing  of the sort. Hence he stood up and perform ablution before praying two units of salat. He spent his time praying for Allah's blessings and read the Holy Qur'an to calm his heart which he felt a serene peace afterwards.

Meanwhile Jalilah came downstairs and met her parents and grandmother.

"What happened my Jalilah?" Hajiya Zainab asked gesturing for Jalilah to go to her.

Jalilah went and hugged her with puckered lips.
"Hajiya, I've been begging Nabeel to take me to Jabi mall to purchase some things, but that boy won't take me! You see Daddy? that was why i told you i want to learn how to drive."She shrugged.

"Don't worry yourself much my dear!let me ask Jalal to drive you there." Hajiya said bringing out her phone from her pocket.

"What!!" Jalilah shrieked with bulged eyes. Her reaction making the three of them to laugh at her.

"Hajiya, Ya Jalal fa kika ce! chab! there is no way i'm going with him Hajiya, he is always angry and shoutes at me at every little thing i do."Jalilah added with a pout.

"My Jalilah kenan! he won't shout at you anymore okay?"  Hajiya Zainab said with a smile.

Jalilah narrowed her eyes at Hajiya before slowly nodding her head.
"Hajiya, i will just  go back to my room. Adda Mahee can take me there tomorrow." Jalilah quickly said and turned to leave but Hajiya held her hands stopping her.

"No! Wait, Jalal will be the one to take you there." Hajiya said dialing Jalal's number. Jalal gulped as she listened to Hajiya ordering Jalal to be present.

"I want you to take Jalilah to Jabi mall." Hajiya Zainab said to Jalal who just came into the parlor.

Jalal looked at his grandmother before saying.

"But Hajiya why must I be the one to drive her?"

"But i want you to drive her Jalal! Don't i have the right to ask you to driver her?"

The both of them exited the parlor and Jalal left to his side to get the car keys while she waited..

"Get in."

Jalilah nodded and nervously entered the back seat.

Jalal looked at her when he saw where she sat.
"Come back to the front seat I'm not your driver!"

"I..I..I'm sorry Ya J...Jalal."Jalilah stammered and left back to the front seat.

The drive was silent with only the radio playing. They arrived at the mall shortly and Jalilah picked whatever is it she wanted and Jalal paid before going back home.

"Thank you so much Ya Jalal." Jalilah smiled at him when they returned home to which he just nodded and left to his side.

Written on;  4.11.20
Edited on: 24.5.22