2 Months Later

"Where's the birthday girl?" Charlotte smiled walking into the house.
"Hey Char," Daniel smiled.
"Look at you," she smiled as Meg crawled towards her. "All grown up crawling around."
"She's growing up," Daniel smiled as Charlotte picked her niece up off the ground. "She said another word this morning."
"Really? What was it?"
"Cake. Except it sounds like ake," Daniel smiled.
"Ake! Ake!" Meg giggled.
"You clever little girl." Charlotte smiled. "Where's Em?"
"Getting ready upstairs. Mum and Dad should be here soon. Nolan is coming too I think."
"How's she going with everything?"
"We lost the baby," he sighed.
"Oh Daniel, I'm so sorry."
"This is the third one. She was 15 weeks, we thought we were going to make it," he smiled sadly.
"I'll go see how she's going," she said handing Meg to Daniel.
"Okay," he smiled kissing her cheek. "It's good to see you."
Charlotte nodded and walked upstairs to the master bedroom.
"Knock knock," she said and emily appeared from the bathroom with lipgloss in hand.
"Hey Char," she smiled walking forward and hugging her.
"Hi. How are you?"
"Im pretty good," she fake smiled while walking back to the mirror to finish her make up.
"Meg's absolute gorgeous. I love her little dress."
Emily smiled.
"Me too. Daniel bought it, he got me a matching one," she chuckled.
"Why don't you wear it?"
Emily's smile dropped slightly.
"Did Daniel tell you?"
"About the baby? Yeah. I'm so sorry Em."
"It'll be okay. Im working through it. I thought we might make it through this one. I was nearly 16 weeks pregnant."
"It sucks. I really feel for you."
"Anyway I'm not wearing the dress because it doesn't fit. The baby's gone but I still have a bulge to my stomach where it grew," she smiled sadly and put her hands on her top showing Charlotte the baby bump where there was no baby.
"It'll go away eventually," Charlotte said hugging her gently.
"Yeah, I know."
The doorbell rang.
"Alright, people are here. Let's go," Emily smiled taking Charlottes hand.
They walked down the stairs where Victoria and Conrad were.
"Look at my granddaughter. All grown up turning one," Conrad smiled kissing Emilys cheek.
"I know. She started walking around while I held her this morning. As long as I have her hands and am balancing her she moves her feet."

One by one everyone arrived and they sat down to afternoon tea while Meg made sure she was the centre of attention.
"Ready for birthday cake my angel?" Emily asked picking her up.
"Ake! Ake! Ake!" She smiled and giggled. "Ake mummy ake!"
"We can have birthday cake."
Everyone stood up and walked over to the table. Emily sat down with Meg on her knee and Daniel lit the candles.
"Happy Birthday beautiful," Emily whispered kissing her head.