The Comfort of Home

"Hey, what are you doing out of bed?" Emily asked as she hurried out of the cold wind with baby in arm and shopping in the other.
"I got tired of starring at the ceiling," he replied looking up. "Need a hand?"
"No, I got it. Meg's had enough though, she wants to play."

After setting the shopping on the bench emily walked over and sat Meg on Daniels lap. She wandered back into the kitchen and took out each item and placed it in the cupboard as she watched Daniel and Meg. He had his finger slightly out of her grasp and she was trying with all her might to grab it as she giggled. Daniel chuckled and a smile spread across Emilys face as Daniel let Meg grab his hand.

As Meg held her daddy's hand to her chest, she laid her head into his chest and yawned tiredly. It was time for an afternoon nap. Emily finished unloading the shopping and quietly took the dummy from the baby bag. She sat down and placed it in Meg's mouth as she leaned into daniel.
"You wore her out," he smiles kissing emilys head.
"How are you feeling? You got down the stairs okay."
"I'm feeling good, in fact I wanted to ask you..."
"What?"
"I was going to go back to work next week?"

Emily sighed. Daniel was always working. She never saw him and Meg didn't either. Although she would never tell him, she had loved having him around and seeing him all day everyday for the past few weeks.

"I don't know daniel...I mean you still aren't 100%."
"The doctors told me I wasn't going to be %100 for a while. I want to do this."

Without him wanting an argument, emily nodded.

"Okay, just promise me you'll tKe it easy and not work late. You still need to heal."
"I love you, you know that?"
"Of course, I love you too."

_______________
A/N: Just a quick one