Unexpected Delivery

Some tension had occurred between Emily and Victoria since the couple had told them they had stopped trying. Victoria was conflicted. She so desperately wanted more grandchildren but as a mother she understood Emily's pain. Dinner was quiet as Daniel and Emily sat at the mansion on a Sunday evening eating with Conrad and Victoria. They maid had just placed dinner on the table and Emily placed some food in front of Meg when Victoria asked for a bottle of wine. Emily eyed Daniel from across the table and knew this was now an unavoidable situation and they were going to have to spill their news. They had half planned to, already expecting Victoria to have picked up on Emily's belly poking through her loose top. As the maid returned she poured a glass for Emily and Victoria, and a scotch for the men. "Mum, dad," Daniel said speaking up. He gained both his parents attention immediately and they placed down their cutlery. Emily met his eyes and smiled slightly before nodding. She wanted this to be Daniels news. She knew Victoria would be incredibly happy. "Ems and I, I know we told you we had stopped trying and we had. But we've had a little miracle and we wanted to let you both know that we are pregnant," he smiled. "My god this is a surprise. Congratulation," Conrad smiled standing up and patting Daniel on the back. He embraced Emily in a hug and she smiled. Emily turned to Victoria, who slowly stood and embraced Emily in a long tight hug. Deep down Emily knew she had wanted this, it was no secret she was devastated when they had said they would stop trying. "That's not all," Emily said quietly. She pulled back and gently placed Victoria's hands onto her stomach. "It's twins, two little girls," she smiled. "Oh my god," Victoria smiled as tears came to her eyes. Emily never expected to see this side of Victoria, but it meant a lot. She was finally seeing a mother, and a grandmother. Instead of just the matriarch of the rich family. "I'm so happy for your both. How far along?" "17 weeks. Our fingers are crossed. The placentas are laying low. It means the pregnancy is more high risk, but it's less likely to be affected by my scars." "That's wonderful news my dear."

Daniel looked at his overjoyed mother and knew she would want to tell the world. "We didn't want to go public for a few more weeks but because it's twins it's just too hard for Emily to hide. Margaux is going to do an article for us tomorrow, it'll be released next week." "Daniel that will be beautiful," she smiled. "I'm so happy for you. 3 little girls." "I know," he chuckled. "3 girls to guard from boys." "You've got years before that happens," Emily laughed lightly at her husbands antics.

--

Later that night Emily laid in bed with her head up against one of the European pillows. "I love you so much," Daniel whispered looking up at her as he gently caressed her stomach. "I love you too," she smiled. "I'm sorry we didn't get a little boy. I know how much you would've loved a son. Your dad too would have been ecstatic to have another generation for Grayson Global." "Ems, girl or boy as long as they get here healthy I couldn't ask for anything more. I love my girls, all 4 of you. Don't ever forget that." "I wont," she whispered rubbing her hand through his hair, "I won't."