𝘤 𝘩 𝘢 𝘱 𝘵 𝘦 𝘳 48

Dystychiphobia (n) - fear of losing someone

______________

Liyah's POV

"OK Chloe's in the hospital right now as we speak she broke her ankle because of earlier and now we need to find a replacement and find Felix a new partner at the same time a new head cheerleader." She said.

"So can anyone one of you volunteer or recommend someone?"

"Ms. Kim Liyah can do it!" who the heck said that!

I turned to see one of my female classmates pointing at me while she stood up on her chair.

"Yeah we always see her during their practice and she could already memorize their choreo" another classmate said.

And now I regret watching them practice like I'm not cut out for this sort of stuff.

"Mrs Kim, if I'm gonna be the replacement for Chloe we're sure gonna lose, I can't dance well and I tend to get awkward with my body sometimes," I said as an excuse I know that my parents enrolled me in lots of classes I'm dancing is one of them as well along with gymnastics.

The whole class was just looking at me and then back to Mrs Kim waiting for her response to the suggestion.

Mrs Kim was just looking at all of us placing both of her index finger and thumb on her chin.

"Liyah if you can tell me one valid reason why you can't do it then I won't force you" great, now I have to think of some drama so I can get out of this situation... Think Liyah think.

My mind went blank as if the cogs in my head stopped working... Words can't escape my mouth at the moment and I can feel all eyes were on me waiting for me to speak up.

"Well if you don't have any, then Can you replace her we don't have any other options left and the constant is in 3 days." Mrs Kim said like she was begging for me to join.

"Well I'll think about it"

"Yes! Practice starts after class Liyah don't worry you'll be natural."

_____________________

Liyah's POV

I was so nervous, I tried to think of the steps in the choroe, I know I've seen it like a hundred times but dancing the actual dance is another thing.

I was shaking even though the practice hasn't started yet I can't feel my anything at the moment, ok you got this just be normal... I tried to convince myself but that didn't stop the shaking, it kept going until I felt the warmth of someone's hands I looked up to see Felix!

"What are you doing someone will see us" I don't want him to let go, I wish we could just freely see each other without anyone trying to bother us.

"Let them see what they want to see, but seeing you shaking, I can't stand it, you don't need to be tense now that I'm with you on this" the only good thing about me joining this competition is I get to be with Felix.

___________

Liyah's POV

"And 5 6 7 8-" the girl with the flashy vibe which I'm sure it's the choreographer, she clapped her hands at the same time as the music.

We all got out for the production number and started to dance, whenever I feel like I'm not confident in what I do seeing Felix smiling at me boosted my self-esteem.

And then the hip dance part came in and seeing Felix do the dance routine properly she had her jaw dropped.

The first part was over and I made a little few mistakes but the choreographer let it pass because she knew that today was my first day.

"Felix what happened to you, your dancing today is way better than all of our previous practices."

"I guess I got the confidence I needed," he said smiling at me.

Ok pull yourself together it's not like he kissed you in front of everyone for you to react like this.

So this event had three categories first is the production number which was the dance we just did, the second was the casual outfit and the last one was the gown that had a question and answer portion.

The teacher kept complimenting both Felix and me because she said we were the pair that had the most chemistry.

The last segment came which is the evening gown and suits. I forgot that we have to act first before walking the catwalk.

I didn't know what to do because Chloe and Felix didn't practice this, I just stayed there frozen when Felix kneeled in front of me carrying imaginary flowers in his hands.

"Would you stay with me forever Mrs Lee?" I feel like a tomato right now, even though the others can't see nor hear it because of the music.

He offered me his hand and I gladly took it, we both walked the catwalk with our hands intertwined with each other.

I know we were supposed to hide it but they can't suspect us because this segment was supposed to be this cringey.

________________

Liyah's POV

Me and Felix we're eating dinner when my parents called us.

["Hi sweetie how are you? Any news there?"]

"Oh Mom, me and Felix entered some competition in our school "

["Oh really that's great his parents here are also thrilled to hear it, what kind of competition is it?"]

"Well it's more of a catwalk"

["Oh what are you going to wear? You need to look fantastic because this is your first time"]

"Whoa, mom chill I think I can find something in my closet-

["No, I know you, mom clothes are all jeans and shirts, Felix's parents also agreed that we'll buy you clothes here then send it to both of you...so rock it, sweetie"]

"Oh thanks moom, I miss both you and dad so much"

["We miss you too sweetie, I gotta go we have a meeting coming up, love you"]

I miss my parents so bad, I still can't believe how angry I was when I found out about this but I guess, I got all worked up over nothing.

"Any news from them Mrs.Lee?" Felix

"Well, they were excited and they said they'll buy us the clothes we'll wear at the competition" Liyah

"Well that's great we better not let them down" Felix

"When's the competition again?" Liyah

"In 2 days" Felix

"What already?" Liyah

__________________

I think I've decided that this story needs a part 2 because there's still so many things that's gonna happen lol