10

you follow shinoa down hallways, her leading all of you to the spot that her plan would take place. you trust the girl with your life, but you would not deny your confusion as to why you didn't take the stairs up to the fourth floor. after all, that's where guren and shinya are.

you begin to understand finally when you can hear sound of walls breaking and swords clashing overhead.

shinoa stops turning to the group. "y/n!" she yells pointing above her head at the ceiling. you nod raising your axe above your head and calling for your demon.

"shizuka!" you shout, activating your demons explosion ability, jumping out of the way of a piece of falling debris.

yuu is the first to jump up through the hole you created in the ceiling, and the first to the attack the vampires.

kimizuki goes second, followed by yoichi, then shinoa, and then yourself. you clear your mind of any unnecessary thoughts, focusing your attention on the goal and how to get to it.

"shizuka, go!" you shout, slamming the blade of your axe into the flooring, sending a line of purple explosions down towards crowley. he easily slices through them, his eyebrows drawn together as he glares at your squad over his shoulder.

yuu raises his sword, ready to finish the fight quickly, but crowley holds guren out in front of him, causing yuu to stop.

he's got guren by the throat, holding up high enough that the toes of guren's shoes barely touch the floor.

you scowl, tightening your grip on your cursed gear.

"is that all you've got?" crowley asks, moving the lieutenant colonel out of his face so he could see your squad properly.

"fan out." yuu commands his sword, holding it straight out in front of him, the end pointed towards his enemy. "asura-kannon!"

his demons ability is activated and a bunch of swords appear behind him in a haze of bright red fire. the swords point at crowley, facing the same direction as the one yuu's holding.

they shoot forward, intent on hitting their mark, but they're merely batted away. crowleys companions step in front, brandishing their weapons menacingly.

"daamit!" yuu shouts, running up to meet the purple haired girls blade with his own. the metals clash with a loud sound, the blades scraping against one another.

the blond brandishes her whip, the leather of it wrapping itself around yuu's ankle, pulling him into the air with a shout from your comrade.

as chess advances, preparing to strike and kill yuichiro, shinoa rushes into the middle stopping the attack with the blade of her scythe, though she is thrown aside along with yuu.

you growl, rushing out after her to defend both of your friends. you grip the handle of your axe tighter, standing before your comrades protectively. you can't let anyone hurt them.

crowley pulls the purple haired vampire back, muttering something in her ear that causes her eyes to widen. she nods, albeit hesitantly. she looks like the other vampire has just asked something of her she does not want to do, but cannot refuse.

she steps back to the blonde, relaying the message. her eyes narrow, but she nods, looking far more determined than her friend.

"i don't care what it takes." crowley says, his voice hard, commanding.

the blonde's grip tightens on her whip and she takes a slow step forward. "as you wish, lord crowley."

"regroup!" shinoa shouts as the two female vampires advance. "otherwise they'll pick us off one by one!"