16

"you dozed off for quite a while there." the familiar, smooth voice drawls as you open your eyes.

your eyes widen, and you take in your surroundings in panic. it takes you a moment, but you calm down after realizing your location has not changed since you fell asleep some hours ago.

you check the big clock on the wall, which reads 5:32, and you know it means AM.

your eyes travel over to the vampire noble, who's got his feet up on the desk, legs crossed. he gives you a toothy grin, seemingly having forgotten about your earlier little argument.

you sit up, stretching your arms behind your head and yawning. you lean back again, your head resting against the cushions as you stare up at the white ceiling, which seems to stare back endlessly.

you sigh deeply, lost in thought. where are your friends right now? are they safe? are they planning to come save you?

to be honest, as much as you want to get out of here and be free, you don't want them to rescue you. you're afraid that the cost of coming to get you may be their lives. you know yuu won't listen to reason, he'll come here all by himself if he has to, and you think that's what's most concerning.

"come over here for a second." crowleys voice snaps you out of your thoughts, your daze cast aside by the sound of the vampire calling you.

you roll your eyes, but rise to your feet nonetheless, dragging yourself over to the noble's desk.

as you approach, crowley takes his feet off the desk, his boots hitting the stone floor with an audible smack. he pulls a glove off of one of his hands, holding it out as you stop in front of him.

"you won't believe me, will you?" he asks, looking up at you as he leans forward in his chair. you tilt your head, opting for silence.

it's crowley's turn to sigh as he places his outstretched hand on your waist, no trace of a smile left on his usually smirking lips. you shake your head. a serious expression adorning your face.

"no way." you state automatically, ignoring the feeling his touch on your hips gave you. you grit your teeth, crossing your arms over your chest once more. "hands off."

usually crowley would smirk at you teasingly, but he didn't. his vacant expression remained.

he didn't move his hand.

your irritated eyes stay fixed on crowley's, who's looking anywhere but at you. you seem to have no choice but to stay where you are and wait for him to either speak, or let you go.

you tap your foot against the floor impatiently, silently hoping that the sound would eventually annoy the vampire, and prompt him to let you go.

"so you don't get it at all?" the noble pipes up after a couple minutes of silence, and you're genuinely surprised to see that he can really think for that long. you laugh internally. you could swear that you've just witnessed history being made.

"nope." you deadpan, watching crowleys eyebrows crease in frustration and perhaps a bit of confusion.

"you don't feel it at all?" his second question catches you a little off guard, but you're quick to recover, shrugging your shoulders lamely.

"i don't know what you expect me to say, bloodsucker. i guess i'm just not into you." your small smirk does nothing to rouse a reaction from the brunette. he merely continues to ponder.