divorce

CHAPTER 3 - DIVORCE.

Before our eyes, Rina brought out a pocket knife and pierced her skin. Father’s eyes widened seeing such lunacy. She dipped a sly smile and immediately dropped to the floor the moment she saw Frederick ambling into the room.

“Rina!” Frederick exclaimed.

Frederick ran to her aid. He looked at Father who stood still like a log of wood, unable to utter a single word.

“Father, what happened?” Fredrick asked.

He saw the pocket knife on the floor and got a hold of it.

“Did you try to kill Rina, Father?” He asked, and the latter, still shocked, couldn't say a word.

“Did you try to kill Rina, Father I'm asking you!” He repeated his words and yelled.

“No! Of course not, Son. She took the pocket knife and tried to kill herself.” He explained.

Frederick refused to give heed to Father’s words.

“That's impossible! Don't you dare lie to me, Father. Rina isn't a lunatic. And if anything happens to her or my child, I'll make sure you pay dearly for it.” Frederick swore.

Father watched his son as he carried Rina out of the room.

The shocking news threw Father into a tense mood. He sat inside his study room and tried to wrap his head around it.

Not quite long, the doors were pushed open and Rina walked in.

“Hello, Father-in-law…” She stopped midway, smiling eerily.

“You! How dare you walk in without knocking?” Father said as he got upset.

With an evil look on her face, she said, “Come on! Don't be harsh to me. I only wanted to see how you were faring after the first episode of ‘What is to Come’.”

She grinned and continued, “So tell me, how was the drama? I’m a good actress, right?”

She touched her face admiringly.

“Do you think you're smart? Trust me, I will make sure my son finds out the truth about your identity, and I bet, the love he has for you will disappear into thin air.” Father said.

(Inaudible conversations as it drifts to the following morning.)

I got up from the bed and strolled downstairs.

Father took notice and called out to me, “Good morning daughter, how do you feel this morning?”

Rina sat in the dining room with Frederick who watched me as I walked past them.

“Good morning Father, I’m okay, thank you,” I said as I kissed him on the cheek.

I strolled into the kitchen to get a glass of water, but as I turned back to leave, Frederick walked in and stopped me.

“Good morning Sophia, can we talk?” He said and looked at me.