Excited to be you

CHAPTER 5 - EXCITED TO BE YOU

A few minutes later.

Mr. Khan handed over the divorce papers to me and said, “Please sign here.”

I rolled my eyes down and saw the exact place where I was supposed to append my signature. I lessened my grip, and the moment I decided to append my signature, Chris yelled out, “Sophia! Don't sign that paper!”

He rushed over and tossed the papers to the floor. He angrily grabbed Rina by her wrist, forcefully dragging her out through the front door.

Frederick wasn't happy at all, he went after his brother and stopped him.

“Let her go! Right now!” Frederick defended his mistress.

“Brother! Can you please take a good look at yourself? You're fighting for a woman, who not only destroyed your marriage, but will eventually lead us to doom. Are you crazy? What has come over you?” Chris yelled back at him.

“What has come over me? I fell in love with a wonderful woman. That's what happened, and please, before you anger me the more, why not ask your beautiful sister-in-law, what and why this happened?” He said, sending Chris's eyes over to me.

I couldn't defend myself, and all I could do was to stare helplessly.

Again, Chris held Rina's hand. He attempted to push her out of the mansion when Frederick took his brother by the other hand, slapping him right on his cheek.

Father fumed with anger and went forward, slapping Frederick on his cheek.

“Father, did you just slap me?” Frederick asked.

“Yes, and I will do it again and again because you have gone mad. What the hell did Rina do to you that got you so blind to not see the handwriting on the wall?” Father complained.

For the first time ever, I saw him angered by his son's behavior. Frederick seemed to not care.

He got defensive and said, “Do you want to know, okay I'll tell you. Rina gave me love; she showered me with true love, that is what she did to me.”

I had no desire to jump into their conversation, but his words pushed me to.

“Oh wow! Rina gave you true love? Then what exactly did I give to you? Fake love? Because we both know how much I sacrificed to make this relationship work. And in return, you, my husband, paid me back with nothing but hurt. Is this fair? Do I deserve to be treated in such a manner?” I stamped my feet to the ground and pointed at his mistress, Rina.

“Please! Don't make me feel sorry for you. Because I know you're only putting up a show. And if you think your sorry story will make me feel bad, then my dear ex-wife, you're highly mistaken.” He said and  paused.

“I have made it clear before, and I'm going to make it clear again. I do not care about you, and neither do I give a damn. If your heart is broken into a million pieces, please go over to my brother, and act like the damsel in distress. But please, get the hell out of my life!” He roared back to me.

Wait, what?