📌sixteen

"That woman is Mrs. Jane Lee," Yuta muttered dryly, looking into Jennie's eyes deeply. They are now sitting in the sitting room at the back of the house which has a direct access to the back garden and is furnished with pretty comfortable sofas and coffee tables that are currently it served steaming hot coffee on the table.

Jennie winced at the information, Jane Lee? Is she Taeyong's mother? But as far as he knew, Taeyong's mother named Yoona Lee.

"Not Mr. Taeyong's mother," Yuta seemed to be able to read Jennie's mind, "Madame Lee Jane was Mr. Taeyong's late wife" Jennie was flabbergasted and suddenly felt short of breath, her chest was like being hit by thousands of tons of stones. so it feels painful.

Wife ?? Taeyong had a wife before? And why is that woman's face exactly the same as hers? "Mr. Taeyong married Mrs. Jane when he was very young, in Italy when Mr. Taeyong graduated from college, at the age of 20. They are a young couple who love each other. As far as I know, Mr. Taeyong loves his wife very much".  Yuta cleared his throat.

"I started working for Mr. Taeyong at that time. In the past, he was a good person, very easy to laugh and friendly .... but .... Mrs. Jane was weak from the start, she had a disease. heart with an imperfect valve". Yuta sighed, as if trying to gather the strength to tell.

"Then Mrs. Jane got pregnant. they were both very happy and anxious. happy because it was their first child, and worried because it was a very risky pregnancy.  Mrs. Jane should not have gotten pregnant because of her disease condition, but she was a stubborn woman behind her weak body". Yuta unconsciously smiled, glistening up.

"She was determined to get pregnant and give birth to Mr. Taeyong's child, even though everyone was against it, even Mr. Taeyong himself"

"Taeyong was against it?"  Jennie imagined a woman with a weak body, but capable of challenging. Doing anything for her future child, what a wonderful woman.

"Yes, it is certain that Mr. Taeyong was against it, the pregnancy was dangerous, Mrs. Jane's life was at stake," Yuta bowed his head sadly.

"Then Mrs. Jane miscarried." Jennie was stunned. Miscarriage?  so their baby was never born? Jennie suddenly felt sad remembering Jane's smile in the painting, the smile of a very happy mother-to-be, with her hands hugging her stomach as if protecting her sleeping baby there.

"Mrs. Jane's body was too weak to grow a baby in her womb, she could not have conceived until the child was born .... that fact destroyed Mrs Jane's feelings and made her physical condition weaker"Yuta sighed.

"Mrs. Jane was getting sicker every day, until finally she couldn't get out of bed. One morning, Mr. Taeyong found her dead in her sleep. "Jennie's tears dripped. Jennie thought of her mother. They both died of heartbreak. Don't they realize that they are selfish? Leaving all the burdens of this world loose, without thinking that they also leave heartbreak for whoever they leave?

"Since the death of Mrs. Jane, ten years ago ... Mr. Taeyong changed, he closed his heart. And immersed himself in work.
He hasn't smiled since then. "Jennie wiped her tears and looked at Yuta sharply.

"So, that's why Taeyong kept me here? Because my face is exactly the same as his late wife's?" Yuta stared deeply at Jennie.