Part 2

When I woke the sun blinded me. I pulled the blanket over my eyes, but it didn't help much. I closed my eyes, and tried to go back to sleep. Elizabeth was still on the ground next to me, her face resting against the grass.

After a few short moments I got off damp lawn, and went inside the house to change. My room was small, but had loads of stuff in it. The light green walls had drawings that I drew pined on them, and some needle point of flowers that I had done myself. Elizabeth's room was extremely different, her walls were a light pink, they're wasn't but a few pictures on the walls, and she always had it clean. She used to shame Charles for leaving his clothes on the floor, coming in the house with muddy boots.

I pulled a white blouse out of my closet and a long black skirt to match. Once I was fully dressed, I took my yellow dress from last night to the washroom, and tossed it in hamper.  When I went down stairs Elizabeth was there reading the paper on the sofa.  

"Well, I guess I'll be off." I told her as I grabbed my hand bag. 

Right as I walked out the door Elizabeth came and wrapped her arms around me. She was shorter then me, so her head rested near my shoulder. "Have a nice day." She told me. 

"Goodbye, Liz." I said. I hadn't called her that since before she got married to Charles. She let go and I headed out the door, and sprinted toward the school house. I was very late, but the night before was worth it. When I got there all the children were talking loudly amunksted themselves, some were trowing balls across the room, and others were sitting on the tables "CHIlDREN!!" I called out.

They all stopped chattering, and throwing their balls, and they all went back to their seats quickly. "Just because I am late doesn't mean you get to act like a bunch of wild animals!" I said pointing my finger around the room, then turned around to the chalk board, and in big letters I wrote 'Newton's Law of Motion' 

"My big brother told me about that." Announced a girl with lovely brown pigtails.

"That's magnificent Annabella!" I said. The rest of the class sat confused looking at me like had spoken a new language. "Have you ever wondered why when you drop and object it falls to the floor instead of floating to the sky?" 

Children all around the room nodded their heads. 

As I explained how Newton's law was discovered, and what It all meant. I was interrupted by many questions from curios children.  "Today I would like for you to start on an assignment. I would like for you to do an illustration of explain Newton's law of Motion." I explained to my class. "I'll help you, and you can use the textbooks in back for inspiration." I pointed back to stack of science text books in the back of the class. 

"Miss Carter, are we allowed to do group projects?" My student Emily asked.

"For this I'd like you to work on your own projects, but you are allowed to work with a friend if you'd like." I told before sitting down at my desk to grade papers. It pleased me to know that I wasn't making an imprint on these young humans' minds, that I was changing their lives even I they we're aware of it. These were the children of the future after all, the one's that would go on to make wonderful inventions that might change the world, could be scientists, and could be doctors. I knew that these children could be exceptional.