Part 5

When I woke one morning the sun had not yet risen, but no matter what I couldn't fall back to sleep. They're was nothing for me to do this early in the morning so I went out. The streets were empty and dark. All the shops had not opened yet except for one. I pushed the door open, and Tasha was there. 

Tasha was a kind African American women who traveled from her hometown, and came to live here to Virginia nearly ten years ago. Tasha opened up her shoppe within five years of living here, and before she opened the boutique she was a cleaner for Ms. Jessica Black who was a school teacher before she left and I took her place.

I could tell that Tasha was surprised to see me up so early. "Helen!" She said happily "What may I help you with today?" She wore a beautiful yellow dress.

I was weary and I could feel the dark circles under my eyes. "Nothing specific. I'm just looking for a gift for a friend." Tasha nodded, and I made my way to the shelves in the back of the small shoppe, to where she kept the beautiful antique jewelry. The room was dark other then a few candles. I found a beautiful golden pin that took the shape of a beautiful blue bird, and held it in my hand for a moment to make sure that the gold was chipped or broken. 

I made my way over the check out counter were Tasha was standing. Tasha a strong women at the age of fifty, but she didn't look a day over thirty five. She was twenty-seven years older then me at that time, I was only twenty-three years of age at the time. 

Once I had payed Tasha I left the boutique, I was on my way home I became feeling very ill, and dizzy. I fainted, and hit my head on a near by building post. My body went cold, I felt like I might die. The side of my head bled out. 

I woke up in hospital bed two days later, my head wrapped in a bandage. "Doctor she's awake! She's awake!" I heard Elizabeth yell, but I didn't see her at first. I looked around the room, but I didn't move. She came over to me and took my hand. "I thought you were dead." She said and then said beside me on the hospital bed.

When the doctor came in her told me I had a severe concussion, but I would be able to leave the hospital in a few days. A nurse brought in water and soup and fed it to me while Elizabeth rested. Elizabeth had stayed at the hospital with me while I was unconscious, and slept on a small couch in the corner of the room.

The nurse said that Tasha's son James had found me and carried me to the hospital. When my head was cleaned and wrapped in the bandage he ran to Elizabeth had told him what had happened to me, and where I was. I made a mental note to thank James when I recovered.

Later that night when the nurse had left, and it was dark out. Elizabeth came at lied next to me on the bed.