16

AUTHORS NOTE
— play the song 505 whenever you feel like it :)

AUTHORS NOTE ➴— play the song 505 whenever you feel like it :)

Tempted

THE ENTIRE ROOM filled with girls on one side and boys on the the other, while exchanging nervous glances. None of us knew why we would be summon at this certain time. And Its unlikely on how only Slytherin and Gryffindor's from fourth to seventh year were only the ones called.

Instantly, Professor McGonagall & Mr. Filch walks in and silence was filled throughout the whole room.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition in the Triwizard Tournament since its inception on Christmas Eve Night, we and our guest gathers in the Great Hall for a night of well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. I mean this literally the Yule Ball is first and foremost.. a dance."

"A night to remember.. I like the sound of that" Madelyn snickered. While the whole room was surrounded by mixed emotions; either excited or nervous chattering,

I felt anxious... If whether I could find myself a date or perhaps not. Being in a hall — alone, filled with sad glances; and them noticing that I have no date is just upsetting.

Professor McGonagall takes a deep breath, and settles. "Inside every girl is a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst free and take flight. Inside each boy, a lordly lion, ready to prance."

Professor calls Ron to accompany her to dance, as he glances in panic, then slumps forward like a man, heading to the gallows.

"Now then, if you will, put your left hand on my waist" McGonagall asked Ron while we were all discreetly chuckling in laughter.

"Where?" Ron asked, looking horrified.

"My waist"

Grudgingly, Ron obeys while Fred & George whistles. "Mr. Filch if you would.." McGonagall asks Mr. Filch and drops the needle onto an old record player.

As the music swells, Everyone was gladly excited to cross to the other side to pair up but I decided to stay seated. What is the use of learning a dance if I hardly dance in events like these?

In the corner of my eye, I see Pansy forcing Draco to dance with her but it was unsuccessful. She should have expected that. Pansy ended up frowning and stomping off away from him, convincing a Gryffindor to dance with her.

As everyone was paired up, there were no seats left except Draco's. "Mr. Malfoy & Ms. Lovelace, This is not optional but required. Now pair up together and dance gracefully." Professor McGonagall commands as I see Pansy glaring at me.

"Ah shit" I muttered in crossed arms while seeing Draco approaching towards me and offered his hands. "You have no choice, Lovelace" Draco smirked. I rolled my eyes and annoyingly took his hand.