07

Unexpected Instinct

Unexpected Instinct

I COULD TELL from Draco's astonished yet ravishing look. Wait no, he doesn't look ravishing at all. I take that back. He was never ravishing.

He was quite impressed with my terms. "Nice doing business with you, Amoura" He snickered. Oh so we're using first name basis now? Unusual but I find it yet intriguing. "If this doesn't work, I'll hex you, Draco" I threatened him while aiming my wand at him. All he did was to chuckle and headed out of the tower.

I remembered his muffled sniffles. I remember how I used to let him cry it all out when we stay at my bedroom. Especially when his parents gets disappointed at him. But I just cant be there for him. not now. but soon. hopefully.

I still wanted to stay here. The night sky was mesmerizing. Being in the astronomy tower on a night like this, alone — is just delightful. I loved being here. I was free from any disturbance.

***

I headed back to the Slytherin Common room only to see Astoria in the couch. I could tell that she was hurt. I approached her without any hesitation since I don't want to see my friends, especially in this state.

I sat beside her and she nudged the pillows so that I could sit down. "Astoria, are you alright?" I asked wearily. "No Amoura, do you know what it feels like to loose someone you once loved, for a reason that broke me to million pieces. I would never regret my memories with him. It's just that it happened; all of a sudden."

I haven't experienced having to part ways with your lover, but I'm sure I would help her manage it. I still wonder about what reason could be behind it. It was still a mystery yet to be discovered soon. Although she is my friend, but I was still abhorred by myself for having to be involved with Draco's little game plan. Loving him would be exhausting just by thinking about it. And that I could tell from all the girls in our year who thinks he's attractive.

It was annoying to see girls drooling whenever Draco walks nearby. I shudder to think why they found him attractive by his looks and not his personality. They should have used their brain in thinking deeper about this. Well that's an unsolved mystery, that I couldn't wait to solve.

"Astoria, It will be alright once you get there. I know it" I replied back to her and she hugged me. "Are you sure you're okay here?" I asked her worriedly. "Yes Amoura, you go along, I know you're tired from Detention" she chuckled. "Alright, Goodnight Astoria" I left her and headed to my dorm room.

Thankfully they were all asleep, Well, its 1am in the morning. I laid down on my bed and Pansy's snores were still bothering me. It was annoying. I couldn't sleep at all.

I was still in deep thoughts about what happened earlier. I didn't expect Draco to ask such thing. But if it was to help my friend, then I would be more than okay with it. But I would intend to keep it that way. Friends with no attraction to each other. It's going to be easy. Right?