12

The Date

The Date

"RISE UP, SLEEPYHEAD."A sharp voice orders — leaving me agitated and irritated as it interrupted my supposedly pleasant rest. "Give me a minute." I yawned groggily as I heard Valerie's heels clicked — causing me to scoff in annoyance.

"Hold up—" I paused seeing Hermione here. Now that's different. "Pleasant seeing you all here. Anyways, why would that be?" I asked — looking confused.

"Don't tell me you forgot what today is." Valerie says in disbelief. "I mean.. I-i." I stammered in bewilderment. I was foolish enough to forget such event that would happen today. "Your date with drop dead handsome." Madelyn chimed in.

I never knew that this day would come. They even complimented him — which is surprising.

That's a first.

"Get up now, Ames!" Hermione orders as I chuckled while she dragged my arm, leading to the bathroom. Roses. The scent that I desired to use for today. Carrying a beautiful, sweet, floral fragrance — that just what Ginny says, is actually quite romantic.

***

As I finished my soothing bath, Madelyn and Valerie came knocking in my door continuously. "Bloody hell, what was that about?" I asked as I wrapped my towel around my brunette hair. "Choose!" The both of them says — while holding a handful of clothes.

But Hermione's chuckle, captured my interest. "Or.. you could just be — you?" She suggested as I felt a jolt of excitement charging my body.

She's right. I don't need some silly style just to give out a good impression. I just need to be me. If he wouldn't want that, then I wouldn't want someone like him that wouldn't dare to accept me for who I am.

What can I say? My standards are too high.

"Thank you, Hermione." I said while stretching out a wide grin from her astonishing and bright suggestion. "Of course!" She replied.

***

"You can't miss out your accessories!" Valerie lets out a smirk as she got a silver necklace with a heart pendant inside my trunk. It was a special necklace. One of a kind. One of the most valuable gift I have ever received. 

Inside that pendant, there she was — my lovely grandmother, Anastasia Delacourt. I felt miserable after she passed away. I didnt had anyone to talk to. I felt locked in my own thoughts. I couldn't release it.

"You look beautiful, Amoura." Madelyn complimented dreamily as we stared into the mirror — admiring how I looked.

"I don't even know what I would do without you guys." I pouted as I gave them a tight embrace. 
"You'll do fine, Amoura. I know you would." Hermione added as I smiled. "Thank you Hermione. Really." I replied as I was about to waved goodbye.