plan b

"Are you sure it'll work?" Chaeyoung has been asking this since he told her his plan and it's annoying him.

"do you not trust me?" Jimin inquired, feeling a bit offended by the thought of her not trusting him.

"no-"

"wow, I'm hurt," he cut her off and faced her. Chaeyoung was ready to speak and defend herself but he shushed her, "I've been feeding you since you arrive here and as a payback, I want you to just do what I said without any questions, understand?"

"hey! That's not what I mean!" she argued, a bit guilty for what she had said, "of course I trust you, its just that...... What if Jennie will get mad and not talk to me forever, you know, she's my only-"

"I am your friend." Jimin interrupted her once again causing a cranky look to place over chaeyoung features while the guy on the other hand was enjoying teasing her.

"Can you just let me finish??" She whined, rolling her eyes.

"well, you want her to be happy, right?" He asked, staring straight in her eyes.

"Of course I do!" Chaeyoung answered without any hesitation. Truth be told, all she wants is for Jennie to be happy even if it means that she'll be fulfilling this short man's crazy plans.

"We want the same thing to happen, to make the both of them happy so we must try," Jimin explained and bought the cup of iced americano on his lips, taking a sip of the cold drink

Chaeyoung signed in defeat knowing that what he's saying is true but she can't help but to feel worried at the same time. What if it'll fail again? But you won't know the result if you won't try, right?

" Where were you?"  I asked as soon as I heard the door opened. Lately, Chaeyoung has been disappearing for a few minutes every day and only to be back with a heavy look on her face and it's creeping me out.

Is she keeping secrets with me?

" Uhm, I was... I was in the bathroom. Yeah, in the bathroom." she stumbled upon her words when she replied, making my suspicions correct. She's indeed hiding something from me.

"Oh, okay," I replied casually.

She flashed me a smile before she sat down on her chair to continue her work, not minding to tell me what happened or look at me even.

I followed what she did and resumed illustrating my sketch just like how we always do.

"Hey Jen, " she called all of a sudden making my head jolt up immediately and faced her.

"Hm?" I hummed as a response as I slumped my back on the chair, heaving a sigh of relief that she's back to her normal bubbly self.

"When the day comes...." She trailed off and I waited patiently for her to continue, "once we pass our work to the head, our work here is done, right?" She asked and the realisation hit me.

We only have limited time left.

I tried to mask my disappointment by smiling widely, "Don't be sad Chae.." I encouraged, feeling a little responsible for doing so, " Is that's the reason why you're a bit down?" I asked as I strived forward to get closer to her. Chaeyoung is like a little sister to me so I understand what she feels.

"Yeah, " she breathed.

"A lot of opportunities are still waiting for us so don't worry." I smiled