new job

"congratulations ms Kim and ms Park!" the officeholders cheered when the host congratulated us as our designs —now vitalize and enhanced— was projected on the screen.

Chaeyoung and I whispered "thank you's" and flashed each of them our brightest smiles. We are so proud that Kim Eternity approved our works, another successful job for us designers.

Even the CEO attended the meeting to congratulate us and I felt very very proud of ourselves. We worked hard for it for 5 stressful —and amazing— months and it pays off. I'm very grateful for it.

The conference room was slowly getting unoccupied as the officers went back to their designated works one by one. Me, Chaeyoung, Jimin and Lisa was the only ones left.

"I have something to say." Lisa breathed that had caught our attention and turned our gaze at her.

'Okay, this is it.'  She whispered as if assuring herself.

We've been starting at her for a while now, witnessing her whispering 'how do I say this' to herself and thought of a way on how to tell us what she's been wanting to tell.

"Uhm, hello?" Jimin interrupted, "can you just tell it to us? We still have work-"

"I'mresigningasasecretaryofMr.Kim." she said in one breath, cutting Jimin off. It took us a while to register what she said and-

"WHAT!?" our voices echoed throughout the now empty meeting room as we eyed the thai girl ducking her head low.

"Why?" My voice soon followed as I started at her in shock. I can't believe it. Who would've thought that out of all people, she would be the one to leave?

"I'm going back to Korea," she had said, her head still down, "with Jungkook." her continuation caused us shriek really loud, even Jimin. Good thing the room is soundproof, our conversation won't be heard by anybody outside.

"OH MY GOD! ARE YOU TWO GETTING MARRIED!?"

"AND PLAN TO SETTLE DOWN?!"

"BUILD A HOME AND FAMILY!?

Boisterous conclusion was said as we wait for her to confirm anything. Lisa closed her eyes, frustrated. The once gloomy atmosphere surrounding us was now gone and replaced with joy, but the disappointment was still there, it just got masked at the thought of Lisa going to Korea with Mr. Jeon.

" No." She said sternly and sent death glares to all of us, "we're not even a thing."

We started at her in horror and shock. WHAT!?

"What do you mean 'not a thing'?" Chaeyoung inquired with her knitted brows, confused, "I actually just saw him placing a kiss on your cheek earlier before heading off to work," she added while Lisa was blushing real hard, head still down.

To be honest, I find these kind of scenarios entertaining, the girl denying her connection with a certain boy but someone has a proof of what they really are, just like in movies.

"Well, me and Jungkook is taking it very slow but we are not a thing, yet. We're going back to Korea cause he wants me to pursue my obsession in dancing and to meet his parents." The Thai girl affirmed learning that there's no way out now. Not with Chaeyoung around.

"There's a 'yet' and he wants you to meet his parents so basically, he'll get down in one knee soon." Jimin concluded, winking at the end which caused me and chaeyoung to smile while Lisa frowned, ready to defend herself but-

"I can't believe he's getting married fir-"

"Who's getting married?" A low and stern voice cut Jimin off as we turned our heads towards the owner, finding the boss, leaning his broad shoulders on the entrance of the conference room with his dark orbs hooked into mine.