misunderstanding

10 months had passed and everything is doing well. The new building of Kim Eternity gained a lot of attention after it was rebuilt. The new aspects and aura the building radiates bought a new feeling to all workers.

As for the girls, they have their own lives now; Lisa is together with Jungkook officially after a year of fooling around. Chaeyoung being the sales manager gave her the chance to mingle with others and found a new circle of friends because —let's be honest here— Jennie is the only one she had when she moved here in New York together with Jimin and Mr Kim.

Speaking of Mr Kim, things between him and Jennie has been going on pretty smooth. For the past ten months, the two continued seeing each other all-the-while working together.

Having Jennie Kim as his secretary has it's perks, mainly because he can easily spot her since they work together in the same room.

yes, they work together in the same room.

10 months ago, when the building was still in the middle of a renovation, Taehyung requested to expand his office twice from its original size because he wants his secretary to work in the same room as him for obvious reasons and Jennie has no say about it since it's an order from the boss.

Second, Jennie is very responsible that makes his works easier. She is very optimistic and hardworking that makes him admire her even more. Many sides and attitudes of her got discovered by him the longer they stay with each other.

Third, she's there every time he's stressed and troubled. Jennie listens and understands him like no one else. Every time he shares a problem, may it be about work or personal issues, her attention is only focused on him and he finds it sweet. He can't wait to spend the rest of his life with her that's why he's been working hard to make her as his girlfriend.

And lastly, he can easily display affection towards her without worrying if someone might see it. He's a man and he has needs but he promised himself to never go far from making out because he doesn't want to scare her. Whenever things started to get too heated, he was always the one to stop and prevent doing something nasty.

"Hi!" Jennie greeted when he entered and stopped to place a peck on her cheeks.

"You look gorgeous." He complimented as he eyed the brunette. She's simply wearing tuck-in satin blouse and a pencil skirt with minimum make-up, nothing special, just her regular outfit whenever she goes to work yet he still finds her beautiful. How cute.

"I'm literally not wearing anything special today so what are you talking about?" She raised her brows as a smile adorned her lips. Her hands were on her hips while waiting for his reply.

"You're gorgeous everyday especially if you smile like that." Another compliment that makes her smile even bigger and brighter.

"Stop it and go to work." She shakes her head and turned around, trying to hide her redness.

"I know that you're blushing, why are you hiding?" The sudden idea to tease her more appeared on his thoughts, wiggling his brows after he set his things on his desk.

"You need to stop with your shameless flirting and start to work. Piles of paper are still waiting to be signed by you." She ignored and brushed pass by him to get the stack of sheets placed across them.

"As you wish, Ms Kim." He chuckled as he sat when he noticed her back shuddered and smiled.

His effect on her is still as strong when he first met her.

"I forgot to tell you something." His head rose when he noticed her silhouette getting closer, "can we go out tonight?"

Jennie put the pile of documents on his desk first before she replied: "Sorry, I can't. Me and Chaeyoung has a party to attend." She politely declined.

"What party?" His ears perked up when she mentioned a 'party'. Now, the thought of her going to a party without him leaves a sour taste at the tip of his tongue.

"Doyeon hosted a gathering and she wanted us to come. It's been a while since we've been to a party so we agreed." She briefly explained and shrugged.

"Where is it held?"

"in her rest house located in Bayonne."

"Okay, as long as Chaeyoung is with you," he breathed, "and I'll send the both of you there."

"What? No. We'll be fine, don't worry."

"I insist and to make sure that you're safe," he argued back and started to do his work, an indication that he wants to finish the conversation.

"Bu-" she tried to reason but was quickly cut off by him.

"As you said earlier, we need to work." She can sense that he's upset because the tone of his voice is like the one's when he's fulfilling his title as the 'cold and  CEO' but for what? For declining his offer to have a dinner or arguing about sending them there? She doesn't want to add fuel to the fire so she listened to what he said and started to work but not before texting Chaeyoung about what they discussed minutes ago.

Time passed by and the clock slowly points 5; time to finish work. Jennie hurriedly cleaned her desk and grabbed her purse to go out of the office to fetch Chaeyoung from her department so that they'll tell Taehyung that they're gonna go.

The two already made up. They both have lunch outside the workplace and talked about what happened earlier. He already apologized for his attitude and they are both good now.

The girls were happily walking towards the Conference room since Taehyung is still there, talking with some foreign investors. They stopped their steps 5 meters away from the Conference' door and Chaeyoung motioned Jennie that she should just go alone since she's the secretary and she did.

She slowly approached the closed door and just as she opened It —not so wide though, just enough to take a sneak peek inside— she heard something which caused her ears to jerk up.

"Please just this once. " a feminine voice said before she heard a small 'smack' and she's hundred percent sure that the sound is produced by kissing.

"Sooyoung what are you doing?!" She heard his voice whisper-shouted.

" having fun!" The girl shamelessly replied and Jennie gathered all her courage to close the door. She went back to Chaeyoung who was texting someone.

"Where is he?" The younger asked when Jennie came into view.

"Let's go. He has some other things to do." Jennie replied coldly, grabbing her purse tightly.

"Oh. I thought he's gonna send us there?" Chaeyoung asked inside her mind before following Jennie out of the building.

﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

Advance happy birthday to Park Chaeyoung!