I'm Staying

The smirk still on her face, Sukara left Kuvira in the cleaning cupboard. She had barely closed the door when she turned to find herself face to face with Lin.

She froze as Lin frowned at her, not sure how to work herself around this situation.

"What were you doing in there?" Lin asked, her confused frown questioning Sukara.

"Uhhh... Looking for brooms," Sukara said, rocking a little on her heels, "made a bit of a mess fighting the bandit."

Sukara could only lie well when she needed to. Now, was not one of those times. Lin just continued to frown, not sure if she really wanted to press any further.

"Whatever," Lin sighed, rolling her eyes a little as she unfolded her arms, "we're going to take the bandit in for more questioning. He said he already told you that he was working for Guan, why didn't you come and find me?"

"I was busy," Sukara smiled as innocently as she could.

"Looking for brooms?" Lin asked, one eyebrow raised as she successfully surpressed her amusement at how stupid this lie was. Sukara barely cleaned her own house let alone other people's floors.

"Looking for brooms," Sukara nodded, not doing as well to hide her laughter as she tried to keep a straight face.

"Well, we'll be leaving after we get this information from him so you might want to sort out your broom closet before we go," Lin told her, giving her a knowing look.

"No, actually I think I'm going to stay for an extra day or two," Sukara said, a little nervous as Lin rolled her eyes again.

"You're seriously going to leave me with those three," Lin sighed, "the sappy couple and Bolin."

"Sorry, my broom closet is pretty messy right now," Sukara said, giving her a slight shrug, "one too many brooms."

"They're going to drive me crazy," Lin said, resting her hands on her hips, "how am I going to cope?"

"You'll be fine," Sukara smiled, taking a step away from the broom closet door to get them to walk away from it so Kuvira wasn't trapped in there anymore, "at least your job is straight forward. Brooms can be very confusing."

"Okay kid," Lin said, smiling softly with concern as she followed after Sukara.

"I'll catch up with you after wards," Sukara told her, "I just need to deal with this first."

Lin looked concerned. She wanted to help Sukara but she knew that Sukara would have to do this by herself. Lin sighed, reach up and patted Sukara on the head.

"Promise me one thing," Lin said, putting an arm round Sukara's shoulders and giving her a squeeze.

"Sure, what is it?" Sukara smiled, looking up at Lin.

"Try to stay calm," Lin said, her tone serious, "it's not going to help if have another fight with Baatar. You need to tell Kuvira how you feel, and what you want. Talk to her properly."

"I will," Sukara said, her voice quiet and nervous, "I just have to work out how, but I will. I promise."