Chapter 1

Once Upon A Time...

There was an enchanted forest filled with all the classic character we know.

Or think we know.

One day they found themselves trapped in a place where all their happy endings were stolen.

Our World.

This is how it happened...

Calista held her daughters' hands as she approached Prince Charming in his palace alone.

"You asked to see me," Prince Charming said as she pulled out his sword.

"Please, Prince David, I am here unarmed, I have no magic, I'm here merely as a wife and a mother... I know what my husband as done, I'm not here to condone what he has done... I am not a hypocrite, but please... The Queen is about to cast her curse, please... I ask you as a husband and a father to be," Calista looked at him with tears in her eyes, "Please allow us to see Rumpel one last time, that's all I ask. He can stay behind the bars, I don't care, I just have to see him please!" She begged.

"I cannot allow that," Prince Charming said as he sheathed his sword, "Snow is in labour, I cannot stand around chatting with you," He went to walk away.

"So, you get to say goodbye to your wife and your daughter, but we cannot say goodbye to my husband?" Calista asked.

Prince Charming looked at her, guilty, "Grumpy!" Grumpy walked in, "Take her to her husband, tell the guards to leave the family alone. They deserve one last moment alone," He said and walked away.

"Thank you!" Calista said.

"Thank you," Naomi said and they followed Grumpy to the dungeon where Rumpelstiltskin was being held. Grumpy told the guards Charming's orders.

Calista and Naomi walked over to the cage, "Rumpel?" Calista said.

Rumpelstiltskin jumped down and looked at them, "Calista... Naomi," He looked at them shocked, "What are you doing here?" Rumpelstiltskin asked.

"The curse is starting papa," Naomi said.

"We wanted to see you one last time," Calista said.

"Do you have it dear?" Rumpelstiltskin asked his wife.

Calista pulled out a white elephant token, "It will keep Naomi and I as family, right?" Calista asked.

"Yes, my darling," Rumpelstiltskin said and reached out to his family and they held hands.

"What about you, papa?" Naomi asked.

"You are more precious to your mama, then I am sweetheart," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"That's... It's slightly true," Calista kissed his hands, "I hate seeing you in here," Calista said.

"It's where I need to be, dear," Rumpelstiltskin stroked her cheek, "I love you," He said.

"I love you too," Calista said.

"I love you, papa," Naomi said.

"And I love you," Rumpelstiltskin said.

The family held each other close as the purple-greenish smoke came rushing towards them, engulfing them and everyone in the Enchanted Forest.