Chapter 23

It was a desolate and foggy place; wherever they had transported to

It was a desolate and foggy place; wherever they had transported to. Not only that but it was noticeably colder. They seemed to be in a mountain like area, somewhere with a high elevation as they carefully looked around. The petal of a cherry blossom had landed on Aurora's ebony hair as she looked ahead.

It was a large magnificent cherry blossom tree, towering in all of its splendor. Underneath it was a cloaked man holding a bamboo fishing rod. They were weary and cautious, looking at Gon. Was it his father?

"G-Ging ..." The boy had taken a step forward, only for his foot to sink in the sand or dirt. It was covered by a white layer of frost, making it difficult to know. The man looked at them sharply, standing up and dropping his bamboo rod in the process. They were all on their toes, trying to predict his next move.

Faster than she could even blink, he was in front of the three and knocked them all of their feet, surprising them greatly. He had summoned a talking clown machine. Whoever the mysterious man was, he was silent, wordless and it scared her. This wasn't Gon's father. There was a picture of him back at Aunt Mito's house on whale island. He looked like Gon. But this man had ashen hair.

Did they guess wrong? Was Nigg not Ging? No, that shouldn't be possible. It was definitely Ging's name.

"I got a slot machine in my mouth! It goes from one to nine. Each number summons a different weapon. This is my .. Crazy Slots! Give me something good!" The numbers in its mouth rolled for a few seconds until it stopped on the number four. They were all so curious and invested into his each and every move, they had forgotten to move themselves.

He finally spoke. "Damn. Bad roll." He cursed as he held the newly conjured gun in his hand. Killua seemed to be the first to react as he immediately pushed the two and himself out of the way from the man's range of fire. "What the ..." Aurora trailed off as she had seen what just landed beside them. "An ant?"

"Are you okay?" The man asked. The smoke was beginning to clear up as he walked toward the trio who was still on the floor. He pulled off his cloak as if he were revealing himself.

The mysterious man was tall, towering over them. He had long ashen hair that cascaded past his waist. Suited for the colder climate, he was wearing a white turtleneck and a hat as he stared down at them with his magenta eyes staring down at them, seemingly holding no possible emotion.

"That isn't Ging .." Gon said, surprising the boy. "Then who was Nigg?" She asked instead. Killua eyed him cautiously, prepared for another barrage of bullets. "Hey! What was that about? First you push us down and then you fire at us! Enough fooling around!" The boy shouted impatiently. They had come to find Gon's dad, not whoever this was.

"Fooling around? I was being dead serious. If I hadn't opened fire, you would have been attacked." He said monotonously as he walked toward them. Killua stood up angrily. "By what? The ant that you shot?" The boy asked as he stepped on the severed ant.