Chapter 29

"ON TO THE NEXT STORY

"ON TO THE NEXT STORY. TODAY AROUND NOON, AN UNIDENTIFIED CREATURE KILLED SEVEN PEOPLE IN PATA CITY. THE CREATURE ALSO WOUNDED SEVERAL POLICE OFFICERS AND AN UNIDENTIFIED HUNTER WHOM FOUGHT AND INJURED HIM, CAUSING HIS RETREAT."

"THE CREATURE ESCAPED TO THE MIERA MOUNTAINS AND ACCORDING TO POLICE TESTIMONY, THE CREATURE MOVED AT SPEEDS EXCEEDING TWO HUNDRED KILOMETERS AN HOUR. THIS COULD MEAN A NEW SPECIES OF MAGICAL BEASTS. AN EVACUATION HAS BEEN ORDERED FOR THE RESIDENTS OF THE AREA."

"I'm finished Killua!" Gon announced as he stepped out of the shower. His friend nodded and turned off the TV. He looked around. "Aurora still isn't back?" Gon asked, no sight of the girl was seen in the room as Killua shook his head once more, heading into the shower next, exchanging with the enhancer.

The girl had come back some time during midnight. She was exhausted and a wreck. She had gone to the hospital, not to treat her own wounds but to help the medics treat the police officers. Perhaps the incident with Kite left a habit. Watching the fingers of the police men get cut off, triggered the incident with Kite's arm, etched in the back of her head.

The doctors and surgeons had offered to treat her back as well but she adamantly refused. It took her hours, but by the time she was done, the girl didn't realize that midnight had already struck the clock as she began making her way back to the hotel.

Her ebony locks scruffed themselves as her figure slid down the wall, leaving a trail of blood along as she stripped off her jacket. "Ignis." The girl called out quietly, careful not to wake the sleeping boys. "Help me wrap my back." She requested as the small dragon flew around her head obediently, stripping off her shirt and bra. The damned Chimera had gotten her good. From the shoulder blade down to her torso, four long scratches dug into her skin.

It was the same Chimera Ant from before. The rabbit bird looking one that they had first fought when they came to NGL. The one that escaped from their clutches. He was ferocious and packed quite a punch. But ... Why did he have Nen? Killua was paralyzed in fear again. Gon and Palm weren't too far away enjoying their date and Aurora was in the nearby city.

He couldn't move but he had to protect them. He was scared. Could he fight a Chimera Ant who knew Nen on his own? They weren't able to defeat him last time .. And that time, Killua had received assistance from his two friends who weren't here. The voice in his head began to overpower his movements though as his facial expression was no longer concealed with a poker face. His face was clearly etched as one should, wide of fear as the Chimera Ant cackled. Killua was tossed around like a rag doll, no strength to fight back.

Tattered, beat, bruised .. Limp and hopeless. He had nothing inside of him as a fuel to light the gasoline dripping inside his mind.

'If you can't win, then run. You've done it before and it's saved you.'

But if he ran, Gon would be in danger and the Chimera would go after Aurora. It was hunting each of them down one by one. He couldn't run .. But the voice in his head was telling him to .. "Shut up.." Killua murmured to himself as he stared at the ground, coughing up his own saliva as he was repeatedly kneed in the abdomen. Aurora would kill him, nag him, scold him. But he needed to get back to her ..