Chapter 25

Aurora had seen plenty of gruesome deaths before in her lifetime

Aurora had seen plenty of gruesome deaths before in her lifetime. She had grown used to death, but that horrific sight would be etched and engraved into her head forever. She turned to Kite, tugging on the man's sleeve blankly. "They're here. The Chimera Ants are here." She said as the buzzing of bees were heard. They were Ponzu's. Each of them landed carefully on Aurora, weeping and dropping in grief from the loss of their master.

Ponzu had sent a note before she died. It was inscribed with her own blood as Aurora covered her mouth. The note read "Help!! Chimera Ant Nest, Rocky Area, Notify the Hunter's Association!" She passed the note to Kite who read it grimly. There was a poor sketch done by her own blood. "There was a Chimera Ant and it ate her. Bit by bit. Ponzu's bees couldn't do anything. Pokkle was taken to be live food for the queen." Aurora was as distraught as the bees.

Seeing the monster swallow Ponzu whole would have been fine, but watching it eat her piece by piece as her organs were clearly visible as it ate starting from her legs up, tearing her apart like a piece of bread.

The girl hurled her guts out on the side of the road. Killua held her hair back.

Ignis was still scouting, trying to track Pokkle to no avail.

"Aurora. Can you still go on?" Kite asked the girl who took a deep breath and nodded. "Of course I can. I just need time to process .." She said, waving her hand dismissively. "It'll be dangerous, but could you accompany me?" Kite asked, referring to the other two boys who nodded sincerely.

"Of course we can. We're already here, aren't we?" Killua grinned.

The ashen haired man turned to the two interpreters who were following them. "Miss interpreter, sorry, but we're in a hurry." He stated as he dismounted his horse. "Yes. The horses can move a bit faster." She exclaimed cheerily, not understanding the situation.

"They won't be fast enough. I want you two to return to the border, find the others, and get word to the Association. These creatures are dangerous." He ordered his two friends who nodded seriously. "Got it." Dinner affirmed. Lin sent the group a worried glance. "Be careful you all." The woman warned. He nodded with a small smile in reply.

"If you can't keep up, I'll leave you behind." Kite said, not sparing an ounce of remorse. He was strict but that was good. The boys had already begun stretching along with Aurora who cleared her head. The four of them began sprinting ahead when Kite turned to the girl. "Lead us to where the girl died." He said monotonously as she nodded. At least her corpse was gone.