001

Screams filled the air as smoke filled their lungs. Oxygen fighting to keep them alive. Burning wood fell from ceiling and walls as the floors gave way to darkness.

This incident had only occurred two hours after a mother and daughter had returned from a long and treacherous trip to save the lives of children. They didn't know it was going to happen, no one did. Except the person behind it all.

4:00 P.M.

Kit and Donatella Snicket had just arrived back to their house after many restless nights and equally tiring days spent trying to save lives. Their mission had obviously been a success seeing that they were both happily sitting in their large and lavish library unpacking their belongings.

"Y'know, I really enjoyed this mission, besides the whole 'being hunted down mercilessly' deal, it was really very fun, we should travel more often!" (by the way, I know Kit was at the carnival before being introduced to the show, but we'll just say she goes there a little later, for sake of the story to make sense) Kit lightly laughed at her daughters remark and responded with a, "Sure thing babes, I'll get right on that." followed with a ruffle of her brunette waves. Dona swatted at her mothers hand playfully and went back to unpacking the numerous books and maps they had brought and collected along their travels.

The two women had just sat down to eat dinner, which consisted of chicken nuggets and chocolate milk thank you very much, when Kit scrunched her nose at a smell that caught her off guard, "Darling, do you smell something odd?" Dona looked up from her dino nuggets and smelled the air when realizing what the infectious smell was, "MOM GET OUT, THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!" Without another moment to register both girls made a mad dash for the hatch leading to the underground tunnels that resided in the parlor room at the front of the house, only to find it blocked by tall flames that towered over each of their heads. They looked at each other for a moment before running toward a window nearest to them. Dona threw a book at the window and watched the glass shatter as the book fell down to the hedges below. Both of them had stepped up to the edge of the glass, trying to fight off the attack of coughs that had been thrown their way, only to fall, not to the safety of the hedges, but through the floor. A large, burning, gaping hole formed in the upstairs floors making both of them fall to the hard surface beneath. Both gasped for air not only from the smoke, but from the impact of the fall. "MOM!" Dona screamed over the sounds of things falling, trying to see through the thick smoke. She could hear her mothers voice calling from what seemed like so far away, "KEEP TIGHT TO YOUR SPYGLASS, I'LL FIND YOU SOON, I PROMISE!" and before she could respond, she found herself on the grass, watching her house burn.

***

Dona could comprehend nothing. She didn't know anything anymore. The scene of her mother screaming at her that she would find her played over and over again like a broken record. She had no will to live. She thought her mother was gone, and there was no one there to tell her that this was not as such.

Kit ran through the tunnels, trying to find an exit, a way back to her daughter. There was so much to tell her, so much that she had kept from her. She didn't get to tell her that she was going to be a big sister. She didn't get to tell her about her boyfriend. She didn't get to tell her about her father. She didn't get to tell her how much she loved her.

A/N

Greeting and Salutations(hehe). First chapter! I will be getting to the actual story soon I promise, I just have to lay the foundation before I get to the good stuff, I can hardly wait myself. I hope you guys enjoyed this, I know it was probably extremely inaccurate to anything that should be going on, but hey, this story is inaccurate too, who are we kidding? Anyways, thank you for reading and, please, remember to sleep at some point.

Edited: Not Yet