Chapter Thirteen- Waiting

Clay, Nick, and Olivia stand patiently in line in the hospital cafeteria, all hoping some food would make them feel better.

They sit quietly at a long table near a tall, arched window and poke at their food.

"Are any of you actually hungry?"

Nick asks his friends, who shake their heads no. He sighs and pushes his tray away, leaning his head on his hand and closing his eyes.

"I hate hospitals"

Olivia says, closing her once bright blue eyes and leaning on Nick again.

"They always remind me of death"

An awkward silence surrounds the three teens and Olivia sighs,

"Guys, theres got to be something we can do to help him-"

"Liv, what he needs is for us to stay calm and give him time. We all know he's going to pull through.."

He wraps an arm around her shoulder and she nods, her eyes tearing up again. Clay subconsciously stares out the window at the cars below, thinking back to when he took George mini golfing.

A small smile creeps up on his lips and his eyes soften as he remembers when he stole the score sheet from the smaller man by pressing him against the wall and acting like he was about to kiss him.

If only I would've.. maybe we wouldn't be in this situation now..

His head drops on the table and he sighs, the unsettling silence yet again suffocating them.

•••

•*Clay*•

The doctors called us in George's room for an update and explained his condition.

"Well, his lungs seem to be better, and his ribs are healing nicely. It's too soon to tell if there's any another problems, but we believe he should wake up within the next few days. He's going to be in a lot of pain for a while, but we've administered special medicine for him to help with relief. If you have anymore questions feel free to hit that button next to his bed and ask a nurse."

Olivias parents thank the doctors and head back out to the cot room for some more rest.

I reclaim my seat on the floor near George's bed and grab his hand again, avoiding eye contact with Liv and Nick.

I Lena my head back, letting my dirty blond hair fall in front of my face, and close my eyes.

"Clay?"

I hear Nick ask.

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to tell him?"

"Yeah."

The room grows quiet as Nick and Olivia take their seats on the grey couch near a closed window and rest their eyes.

I peek up at George and sigh.

"When you wake up I'll make sure nothing bad ever happens to you EVER again"

I whisper, just loud enough that he could hear.

Just a filler chapter :) this story took a sad turn I know I know BUT I'll make it up to you soon :)
Word count-481