Chapter Thirty-two

I regret nothing

The girl woke up on a hard surface. She frantically looked around to see where she was. Deaton walked in to see her trying to get up. He quickly rushed over to make her lie down.
"Hold on there. You're still healing." Deaton placed a hand to her shoulder. "Do you mind telling me what happened?"

The girl shook her head, "how did I get here?"

Deaton went about checking up the confused women. "A young man by the name of Isaac found you being attacked in the woods. He scared it off and brought you here."

The female paled, "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to get you involved. I have to go!"

Deaton stopped her before she would get off the table. "I don't know what's happening but there are people here that can help. What's your name?"

"Aaliyah Manson."

Deaton smiled lightly, "I'm doctor Deaton. Its a pleasure to meet you. Terrible circumstances though."

Aaliyah flashed a small smile before she started looking around again."what did you mean there are people who could help?"

"There are people here who will help you. They deal with all sorts of things. Isaac, the man who brought you here, is one of them."

Aaliyah started tapping her fingers anxiously, "can I meet him? You know, thank him for saving me?"

Deaton glanced over her face before nodding. "Sure. I just need to make a call."

Deaton picked up his phone and left the room. Aaliyah sighed as she slid her feet off the side of the table. Once her feet were under her she started looking around for something sharp. Aaliyah wasn't stupid, she wasn't going to trust people just because they saved her or helped clean her wounds.

Aaliyah opened a drawer and found scalpels. Quickly she grabbed one, hid it in her pants and sat back down. Deaton walked in at that moment.

"Alright. He's on his way." Deaton obviously was suspicious of her and had told Isaac as much. "Do you want some tea?"

Aaliyah politely declined and continued to stare at the wall until the door opened. Her head snapped to look at the tall man standing there. He had light, golden brown curls on to of his head. His hair was paired with beautiful blue eyes. Isaac smiled at Deaton and Aaliyah couldn't help but think that he was cute.

"Hey Aaliyah right? I'm Isaac." He smiled and held out a hand to Aaliyah.

"Hi. Thanks for saving me... I guess.."

Isaac smiled cutely, "don't worry. It's what we do."

Aaliyah nodded shyly, "still... thanks but I have to get going."

Isaac scrunched his eyebrows, "why? We can help you."

Aaliyah shook her head, "no. I need to do this on my own. After all I'm the one who got into this fucking mess."

Isaac tilted his head, trying to read her expression. He perked up a bit, "then we'll help you get out of it!"

Aaliyah narrowed her eyes at the curly-haired cutie. "Look Isaac, I get that you want to help. Really I do, but I'm not dumb. I'm not just going to blindly trust you because you helped me. For all I know you could be trying to help kill me!"

Isaac's eyes widened and he went to deny it but Aaliyah pulled the scalpel from her waistband. Words stopped in his throat as the blade pierced through his stomach. Isaac stared at the scalpel protruding from his abdomen.

Aaliyah quickly ran out of the clinic, blowing past a confused and startled Deaton. She smirked as she continued to run, going further into the tree line. A growl erupted from her left and she bit back a curse.

Getting away would be harder than she thought.

BAM! Finally got another chapter done!! And because someone requested the Thiam child, here it is!