Chapter 22: The Game

Erikyos's pov

I was perching on my bed. My wings resting beside me. I wondered how my home had become. Did they notice me missing? Did they like it?

Was I gonna stay here forever?

I tried not to overthink this. I focused about my game tomorrow and how's the day gonna be.

I suddenly felt an urge to see Claire. She's the only one that makes me feel safe. Makes me only want to see her, every single thing she does is a masterpiece, when she laughs, smiles, get angry or worried, it's like she the only one in the world. And when she leaves it feels like she's taking my heart out and leaving me without one.

I got up from the bed. I dragged my wings back inside me. And, wore my shirt.

I sat into a taxi and went to her house. It was late at night and she didn't know I was coming.

Her mom Isobelle opened the door and told me to come in. She was happy, strangely.

Then, Claire was coming downstairs with a yellow cute pyjama with shorts. When she saw me she stopped drawing a breath.

"Erik? Why...What time is it?"

I didn't answer her cuz I didn't know, moreover I didn't care, but her mom satisfied her with an answer before walking inside to what I think was a kitchen.

Bare feeted, Claire walked down and sat beside me while I just smiled at her.

"Why are you smirking?" She asked.

"I'm...not. I'm smiling."

"It's a creepy smile."

"It's a hot smile."

"Whatever...What are you doing here?"

"Nothing really. Just came to check up on you."

"Well, thanks. But you were the one who acted strange today."

"I know you were worried about me."

"You can go."

"Yeah, I can. But no, I won't."

"You have a basket ball game tomorrow. You should rest."

"It's not a big deal."

"The whole school will be watching."

"Do I care?"

"That's the point! You never care about anything."

"Thats not true."

"Prove me wrong then. What do you care about?".

"You."

She widened her eyes then I heard her pulse racing while she tried to hide it. I smirked.

"It's not funny!"

"It's not supposed to be, is it?"

"What do you want to acheive, Erik? Something you care about doing "

"Ok...I...wanna rule the world."

She laughed by wasting some air through her nose.

"Rule the world?" She mocked.

"Mhm."

"You are a dreamy evil weirdo who has very strange intentions."

Her mom walked in with juice in her hand.