Chapter 24: Wings

Author's note:
Before I start writing a word in this chapter I must obligatly politely request you to kindly...download the song of the chapter or atleast listen to it while reading.
Wings by Birdy...It plays in the most important part of the story. It fits them perfectly and you have to imagine the scene in the right way while this song is playing in the background. It was my inspiration.

Thank you...Enjoy

************

Claire's pov

Can it be? That all the things that we grew up knowing they weren't real...are actually present around us?

For me to know that when my heart admitted having feelings for some one...who isn't human! Is too much.

I walked outside uncle Dan's house wishing to know if reality could take place in my life again and wondering if his face is only gonna be a memory I'd wish to keep.

Uncle Dan just showed me some pictures on his computer of ancient egyptian drawings on the temples that looked like a human with wings! He told me that I must be ready to believe but I wasn't...So, I slowly walked out.

It got colder and I felt the tiny snow particles on my face shiver me.

Infront of me, Erik stood starring in complete silence. I didn't know why I didn't run to him and hug him and feel the relief of him being in my arms...But something about him made me stop thinking or moving.

But he did. He moved...towards me and put his hand over my shoulder.

"Claire...I don't know where to start or what to say. Because there are just so many words rushing to come out and there's a lot of them struggling to let me know what to say that it's hard to form a proper sentence. This is the only way it should be happening. The reason why I didn't want you to go out with any other guy from school or to hang out with anyone but me must seem selfish but...I want you. I want you all to myself. When I feel lost, you're the first person who pops up in my head. And when I'm alone, I remember that I have you...Or that's what I wanted. I wanted to have you and I wouldn't have accepted anything less. It's because I've finally realized it...I love you. You made me feel love which wasn't something I ever expected to feel."

His eyes looked extra peircing at night and his tall eyelashes were pointing to mine. The cold whether did nothing to me cause all I felt was hotness around me...Like I was on fire!

He stood so close and the passion burned all around us.

"Erik...I...I don't know what to say..."

"Just know this." He cut me off. "If I ever lied to you...it hurted me more than it ever hurted you. I lived long enough...but never felt more alive. You made me happy but you're human...You won't accept the truth, Claire. Just keep my memory as good as I tried to make it." A tear escaped its way out from his eyes. Soon he turned away. Then walked away.

I cried to the sky and hoped that love could turn around so hope won't let me down.

I screamed. "I saw your shirt!"

He turned around. "What?"

"The shirt you wore to school when your eyes changed their colour. It was cut from the back a V shape. You're strong and fast. Beyond any human strength." I walked to him. "All I'm saying...is that I can. I can accept it. I'm ready to believe, Erik. I see the truth in your eyes. You're hiding yourself. You've always did."

He nodded and gazed at me. I just realized that I've been crying as well.

"I'm not human. I'm a juror."