It's twelve o'clock

▸ The large window replaced the wall that would be hiding the stunning view of the city. Viv only looked out of it at night as she was sure no one would be awake to see her face from the window of the well-known penthouse. She imagined all the people who were below her and never forgot that she was one of them no matter the situation. Even the diamond ring on her finger was something she couldn't afford for herself.

"Are you ready?" The sound of Taehyung's deep force caused her to slowly turn around and face him. He had on his black long coat and black jeans. He could be a shadow once he put his dark mask on.

"Yes," she smiled. He held his hand out to her and she accepted it.

They held each other close all the way to the lobby then parted ways as they went to their desperate cars in the parking garage. Taehyung didn't miss the opportunity to give her a kiss on the forehead before she drove away. Out of her rear view mirror, she saw him turn left and she turned right to her house in the outskirts of Seoul.

Work ended eight hours ago and she spent every second of those hours with him. Tired and a bit sad, there wasn't much she could do besides continue the new day as she would any other day.

×

"You must have been very busy yesterday. You didn't answer any of my calls." Viv smiled at Seonjun as he placed a plate of breakfast in front of her face. "I told Myun that you'd be here." After hearing that, she lost her appetite. "I mean, I know we're taking things slowly but this feels more like you're cutting-"

She massages her temples as he repeated what he's been telling her for over a month now. Before she could reply, Myun jogged down the steps causing both adults to go quiet.

"Good morning Ms. Viv. We missed you yesterday." Seonjun glared at Viv. "Dinner was made by me."

She forced a smile on her face as she looked at Myun who grabbed her plate of breakfast to move it to another seat. "I know and I apologize. I had something come up and work. It was my fault for not notifying your dad of that."

"It's fine, though. I did research on what it's like being the assistant to a doctor and I must say, I'm surprised you don't look twice your age by now." This made Viv laugh to avoid feeling insulted. "Dad? I'm going to Lin's after school if that's okay?"

"Yeah. Is she bringing you home?"

Myun shrugged. "Don't know. I'll ask."

It was quiet for a while which meant Viv was good to go to work. "I'll text you, Seonjun. Thank you for breakfast." She went over and gave Myun a shoulder squeeze after. "And have a good day at school."

"Nurse Viv, that's a beautiful ring," her coworker cooed. "When is it going to get upgraded?" Viv ignored the woman while she continued to document her patients'. "Bad morning?"

"No," Viv sighed with a smile. "The investors are coming today and as a chief physician, I have a big task of making sure they are satisfied in the place their money is going."

The woman rolled her eyes while sitting back in her seat behind the counter. Viv took her and her clipboard to another part of the hospital to do her work in quietness. Her phone buzzed in her coat pocket and she didn't hesitate to see who messaged her.

[Kim Tae] Will I get to see you today?

[Viv] Do you want to?

[Kim Tae] Everyone sitting around that table is the only thing stopping me from getting to you

Viv smiled at the text just as the head of the Urgent Care Department tapped her on the shoulder. "The meeting has started," he whispered. Viv handed her clipboard to another nurse who agreed to handle the rest. "Do you know what it's about? I heard someone might be getting fired."

"I'm pretty sure it's just a check-up on how the hospital is doing."

The moment they walked in, they bowed at all the investors, the CEO, and other chief physicians of different departments. Before she could make it into the room, Taehyung was seen staring her down from across the room. She tried not to expose herself while taking a seat next to her coworkers. The CEO then took the attention of the room as he prepared a slide show for everyone.

The entire time the meeting was going on, Viv and Taehyung were texting back and forth in flirtatious messages. Viv knew she could easily go over this slide show at home since the CEO usually sent them to everyone regardless of their position.

Taehyung quickly put his phone away when he heard the CEO say something that caught his attention. "It was mentioned in an email that the idea of expanding what kinds of healthcare we accept could be beneficial? In what ways is that?"

"Well, since we are an investor-owned hospital, the more patients we accept means more money and we could easily expand our resources while putting more money in the investor's pockets." Some of the investors agreed while others seemed unsure. "I do understand that some of the insurances today often pay later rather than sooner, but it gives us a bad look rather than people turning away because they can't afford medical help here."

"Good thing there's a nonprofit hospital a few cities over," a few of the investors laughed at what some thought was a joke.

Taehyung looked at Viv's disgusted face and spoke up. "I think that's a great idea. We get paid either way and we can add more beds and afford to hire workers." He smiled at Viv. "I love it."

The men around the table stared Taehyung down before ultimately voicing their agreement. He was the biggest investor this hospital has seen and was reimbursed higher checks than the others. They had something to learn.

"Great! We'll contact companies and get changes made before the year is up. I would like to thank my chief physician's for coming to this meeting to note any changes."

The meeting was over within two hours. Taehyung and Viv snuck down to the parking garage before she had to get back to filing and documenting.

"Breaking things off with someone who loves you is not an easy thing, but I honestly believe you can do better than him."

She knew when Taehyung said that, he wasn't talking about him being the one better for her. She's hinted at a relationship with him multiple times, but they usually ended up with the two of them naked in bed with no final answer. So, instead of answering him and having a crap day for the rest of work, she gave him a kiss and they said their goodbyes until they meet again when she gets off work.