ⅩⅥ

Heaven sent me to you

▸ "Kim Taehyung! The biggest! The baddest! The boldest! The... richest!" She slung her purse on to the nearest counter top while trying not to topple over in her two inch work heels. "Oh fuck! I think I left my phone in the car. I can't even call The Kim Taehyung! The undefeated!"

"Are you drunk?" The disgust in his voice made Viv laugh and even burp. "Viv! I told you to come here straight after work! It's ten o'clock at night!"

She gave him attitude as he reached over to grab her wrist to prevent her from falling. "Okay. Sorry, dad!" She snatched her hand away from him then went to her purse to get her car keys. "Oops, I forgot I didn't drive here! I got a ride."

"Viv? Tell me what's going on!"

"You. Are. A. Liar! That's what's going on. You have lied to me for years, Kim Taehyung and you thought I wouldn't ever find out. Well, I found out they you are in fact... a liar. But there's one thing you don't know about me!"

"Viv... what are you even talking about?"

"There is one thing that Vivian Walter hasn't gotten to show you! And that's is that Vivian Walter is that bitch! You might have all the money in the world. You might have all the eyes on you. But it's because everyone else put them there! I can put them there! I can give you all the attention in the world! But you have to choose. Which kind of attention do you want, Kim Taehyung?"

He stared at her for a brief moment before letting out a forced chuckle. "Oh, Vivian. You have no idea." He grabbed his coat off the back of the couch and headed for the elevator. "You can stay here for tonight. But I want you gone before I get here tomorrow morning."

×

The next morning was brutal. Viv woke up on the living room floor with the television blasting right in front of her. She moved quick to get rid of all the noise as her brain pounded through her skull. Sick and confused, she finally turned the TV off and made it to her purse that was spilled out on the ground.

"What the hell?"

[Gloria] Where are you?? Mr. CEO is scouting!!

This text only made her headache twice as bad. The last thing she needed was their CEO looking for reasons to fire her. She's already spent weeks out of work, draining her vacation and sick days.

[Viv] I'll be there in fifteen minutes

She put a bit more pep in her step as she made coffee, washed her face, and put on some spare clothes she usually kept at Taehyung's penthouse. She then put on her lab coat uniform over it all. On her way to the elevator, it opened and Taehyung stood there looking at her.

"Need a ride to work?" He held out some coffee that was better quality than what Viv had in her hand. She couldn't think of anything else to do but accept it. "I got a phone call from my secretary. Told me that my wife came and delivered me lunch a few weeks back. It was strange because, Hikyu never goes to my office nor does she leave me lunch that I never received."

Viv took a sip of her coffee as she waited for this conversation to blow over. "Weird..."

"I decided to look deeper into it by pulling up camera footage and I was surprised to see... you." The elevator dinged as they got off on the main floor. "What were you looking for in my office Mrs. Kim?"

The way he stared down at her in complete curiosity caused her to quickly leave the elevator. She didn't want to waste another minute in the same box as him.

"I can call a ride. I'm running late anyway."

Taehyung didn't intercept her until they were in the privacy of the parking garage. "I can't press this enough. You told me I was a liar and you can't trust me. There was something you found that had you going crazy. I need to know before we can go forward in this arrangement."

"Now we're an arrangement?" Viv scoffed.

"Don't change the narrative. What did you find?" His eyes went dark as he stared directly into her soul. Viv knew she couldn't tell him the things she's found. God knows how he'll react. She's never seen how Taehyung acted when he was betrayed and she didn't want to see it now.

"Hikyu signed the papers to own half of your land. I saw her signature where mine was supposed to be. I went to your office to find out if you guys were serious about this marriage and everyone seemed to already know you were married. Some secret marriage you two have."

"And did you find anything?"

"Of course not. I wouldn't be with you right now if I thought you loved that woman."

Taehyung threw his head back in disbelief. "What did you find in my office, Viv? The speech? The marriage certificate? The photos? The shit I store away deeply to use whenever my family asks me how amazing my marriage is?" Viv gulped. "My parents know our relationship is open. We're "renewing our vows" next month and my mom wants me to be with her only. I wrote that so she can think we're serious. And the property deed? That was fake. It was never notarized and it will never be. It was used so my grandpa can think I'm seriously giving her anything I own."

"Taehyung. You seem to have it all figured out. The lies on top of lies. Your whole story sounds too perfect to be true which makes me think that it's all a lie."

"I wouldn't lie to you, Viv!"

"You lied about Hikyu, you lied to your grandpa, you lied to me saying I was the only one! Who the hell is Hana!"

He drug his hands down his face as if he was exhausted. "Yes, I slept with her one time but never again! I had to promote her before she told. My plan was to get her to sign an NDA and in return, she'd be president of the branch but I'm firing her the moment Hikyu and I sign our divorce paper—"

Viv swung her hand as far back as it could go before letting it collide with Taehyung's cheek. The only part of him that moved were his eyes as they shut closed due to the impact. Like a rock, he stood almost unaffected.

"Fuck you, Taehyung. I'm telling you now that we aren't working out."