ⅩⅣ

They were utterly intoxicated
by each other

▸ Taehyung arrived at Viv's house at her request. He was absolutely shocked to see her in her pajamas. "What do you have on? The dinner is in two hours. I thought you needed a ride?"

Viv wiped the fakes tears from her eyes as she turned to face him. "Tae... I never ask you for anything but... I'm a year behind on my mortgage."

His jaw dropped. "Viv! What! Why haven't you been handling your business?" He then pulled out his checkbook without even questioning it. "How much? Two hundred thousand? Three hundred?"

"One point five million." She winced when his own stopped moving. "I knew you were going to say no..."

"I'm just... for this place?" He motioned to the small entry way. "What the hell is going on in these parts of Korea where you have to pay millions on a house the size of a suv trunk."

Viv quickly attached herself to his hip as he jotted down what she asked for. "With the late fees and loans, it is a lot. I'm so thankful to have you."

"I said I'd do anything for you. Now hey dressed. You're going to that dinner. It's my birthday and the only person I really want to be looking at is you." He slapped her butt as she walked away with the check in hand. "Is that going to pay this place off?"

Viv nodded while using her bank app to deposit the check from home. "Uh... yeah. I really do appreciate it, Tae." When it went through to be processed, she set her phone down and went to the living room. "Also, I can't go to your dinner. We can celebrate your birthday this weekend. Just the two of us?"

He smirked as she teased him by rubbing her hand up and down how silk pajamas. "I like your idea better. Although... it won't be any fun without you."

"Keep your wife company won't you?"

"I told you the situation with her and I."

Viv giggled. "I thought about the deed to your land and... I think I'm ready to sign it. That way, when we get married, everything will be done and we won't have to worry about the extra stuff."

"I thought you'd never come to it."

×

Hello, I'd rather address myself as an anonymous buyer since all of my business lay in the hands of multiple districts around the world. It comes off as versatile and I can avoid negative conversations in the future. All side information aside, I saw your post about selling your online newspaper company and this is just what I need to get my name further out into the public. You are a well known man, Kim Taehyung and it would only be right to dedicate my entire purchase to your name. How does that sound? Your own newspaper company but not having to worry about the employees and grunt work? Let's go with the starting price, shall we? 870,000,000.

Viv checked out of the library soon after. Gloria put out her cigarette when Viv came into view. "Did we really have to make a stop at the library?"

"It was going to close. Keep it in your pants. You won't miss this silly dinner." Viv laughed.

Gloria, on the other hand, felt very serious about this dinner. "It's Kim Taehyung's fancy birthday dinner. I can't believe you aren't going. You might get to meet him personally."

"I've met him, Gloria. You're new to the hospital and didn't see me literally shake hands with the man when he promoted me. I work alongside a few of his partners and sometimes I even see him in the meeting pertaining to the hospital. I have met him. But even then, you'll never really know him."

Gloria nodded slowly as she got in the passengers seat of the car. She made sure she didn't dirty her dress that Viv would be returning for her. "I had no idea. What is he like... the times you have met him?"

"Very serious man. Business focused. He has this face that'll make you believe everything he says. You never know if he's lying unless you catch him lying."

"Why do you assume he's lying about something?"

"Cause men lie, Gloria. Our CEO lied about not laying people off. My fiancé lied about... well, women lie too. But men... they just do it with ease."

[Kim Tae] I'm dying sitting here without you

[Viv] I'm so sorry

"Don't text and drive! I'm not trying to die before the first elegant thing happens in my life." Viv chuckled at Gloria's fearful expression. "It's not funny. You swerved."

"You're going to make it. It's literally after this light. If we crash horrifically right here then it's because of your bad luck."

The women made it safely to the front of the hotel where Taehyung held most of his events. As she dropped Gloria off in the front, she noticed Taehyung talking to a woman who looked a lot like Hana from his office. She quickly ducked down in her seat to assure neither of them saw her.

She watched Taehyung furrow his eyebrows as Hana talked to him in deep detail. She then noticed that the woman had on a nice dress which meant she was obviously attending the event too.

Viv didn't waste another second. She ran into the nearest mall to buy her dress although it wasn't her best choice and her hair was a mess, she showed up regardless.

Thirty minutes after the event was well and started, she took a seat next to Gloria who almost fell out of her seat. "What made you change your mind?"

"Something caught my eye." She stayed locked on Hana who clapped at the speech that ended on stage. She then looked towards the front where Taehyung sat with his business partners. He laughed and chuckled at what was being presented on the stage. Mainly this friends making jokes about him when he was younger and about his fame and fortune. Everything Viv didn't care to listen to.

[Viv] look behind you

Taehyung looked from his phone to Viv's table. She gave him a seductive glare then got up from her seat.

[Viv] Before it's too late

×

"I found a buyer for Seonjun's company. I'm planning on sending the confirmation on Monday."

Viv tried to hide the smile forming on her face as she fixed her dress. "Already?"

"Yeah. It took weeks to get a hit. The moment I told Seonjun, he was down with it and the next thing I know, we got our first buyer. They're anonymous though and they want to cater to me. That's more money in my pocket once that stupid company is out of my hands. They're also offering millions more than than the original price."

"So... you're both selling the entire company to the anonymous person?" She looked over her shoulder at him.

Taehyung simply chuckled. "Yes, exactly. The profits are going downhill since I sued him. I feel bad for the sucker who wants that joke. Unless they change the name, no one will bother with them."