ⅩⅤ

Dancing with the devil

▸ "Many of you thought you'd be laid off due to the fact that this company has been sold and as your new boss, that is false. Your jobs remain the same but we have some changes. Things like computers being monitored and emails, so on. Your last boss had a complaint that we had a rat in our home. That being said, Sonyu, you are fired."

All eyes landed on the woman who's mouth dropped open in shock. "What? Why?"

"How much did he pay you to delete that email?" Her face was beet red. "You think I can risk it since you're so easy to bribe? Get you shit and get out of my building. I don't even want to see you in the streets." She didn't hesitate to do as told. The look on Viv's face was deadly. "As for anyone else. If you think you'll get away with it, I'm always one step ahead of you."

Sonyu rushed past Viv with things in hand. The room fell quiet once again as the front door shut loudly.

"Now, we're going to work on our first publish as a new group. You'll be gathering facts and photos to find out more about the woman who Kim Taehyung was caught out in public with."

One of the workers raised their hand causing Viv to call on them. "That's old news. It isn't getting as many clicks as it used to."

"That's because Seonjun getting sued by Kim Taehyung is popular these days. It's your job to make sure we have the hottest news on the internet am I right? So do your job."

"What if-"

Viv massaged her temples as another complaint started to surface. "You know what, I got the perfect story. I recently went to Kim Taehyung's birthday dinner and I saw him sneaking off to the restroom with a woman who wasn't in the magazine. Was it his wife? Was it his mistress? Let's find out."

"Cameras were allowed at this event Ms. Viv. I could look through some archives to see if I see anything."

"Yes. Do that. Also, be sure my name isn't anywhere in your research. Remember. Everyone in here is anonymous."

×

Viv has been quite busy this week. Taehyung blowing up her phone only proved that. He'd ask her what she's doing and why hasn't he seen her. She'd never reply simply because she's just that busy. For the past days, she's been in her office at the hospital looking through hundreds of pictures hoping she and Taehyung would be in any of them. There hasn't been any luck.

"Vivian," Gloria poked her head in Viv's office door without knocking. "Investor Kim Taehyung is here to speak to you. He says it's urgent."

Viv faked a shocked expression. "Me? Why me? I'm just a nobody compared to him!" She tried not to laugh at the extra words she threw in her sentence. "Let him in, quick!"

Gloria disappeared and Taehyung came bursting in two seconds later. He closed the door behind him as Viv raised a brow at him. "You're ignoring me? Is there a reason?"

"You couldn't wait until I got off work instead of making a scene at my job. You might as well fire me now since everyone out there is wondering why you're angry." She smirked at him.

In the blink of an eye, he was in her face with his hand around her throat. She didn't even flinch. The only thing she could think of was why he did this when they're not in the bedroom. "You really have to fire me now."

He quickly released her and took a few steps back. Taehyung paced around the floor while thinking harshly in his head. "I don't know what is going on with you. You lied about the dinner party. You're ignoring me and now you're acting like some sort of... psychopath!"

"Hey, I'm not the one who put my hands on you." The sound of her computer going off notified her that she was getting an email. "I have to get back to work. If you have nothing else to add..."

"The penthouse. The second you get off. I'm not kidding. I will end you, Viv."

"Cool your ego why don't you?" She giggled as he frowned at her. "I'm joking. I'll be there silly."

He left after a brief moment of trying to keep his cool. Viv rushed to open the email sent by one of her employees.

<From: harim.ji@blog.com>
Is this you??? [image attachment]

Viv's eyes grew wide as she saw herself fixing her dress and Taehyung barely getting through the restroom door. She could feel the tingle of revenge raging through her veins. The thought of Taehyung's face when he sees this made her drool.

<Reply to: harim.ji@blog.com>
Get the draft ready and the editors informed. I need this out by next week Tuesday!!!