Chapter 25: Pride and Prejudice (6th Year)

I made my way back to the Hufflepuff common room, feeling warm and bubbly inside after my training with Oliver.

After Draco's annoying intrusion, we had continued our game, laughing and joking whenever the opportunity presented itself.

"Oh he's so adorable." I swooned as Hannah laughed at me from her bed. "Mira's in love." She teased. "Not quite," I laughed with her. "Oh and you won't believe this, Draco crashed our training for a moment, it was great though.. Oliver pulled out his wand and insulted him, it was so hot." I gushed. "Of course he did." Hannah rolled her eyes.

"You're going to have to deal with him in detention tomorrow night." She grinned at me. "Oh, don't remind me." I scoffed. "My last detention with him was not so enjoyable, but I supposed he won't be supervising this time." I shrugged.

"Yes but Ernie is, and he's lazy. He won't do shit." She laid down on her bed, propping her head up with her hand. "He'll probably just tune out and do his homework."

"Well then, on the bright side it gives me a chance to jinx Draco." I chuckled.

----

"How was your Quidditch date after I left?" Draco raised his eyebrows menacingly when I entered the dungeon, five minutes late to detention. "Sorry, Ernie." I ignored Draco as Ernie shrugged from the front of the cold, dark classroom.

"You've just got to clean the windows." He pointed at a bucket near the door as Draco and I collected the cleaning equipment. "Can we use magic?" Draco asked hopefully. "Oh, that's right. I'm supposed to confiscate your wands for the remainder of detention." He hopped up from his seat and strode over to us, holding his hand out expectantly.

I pulled my wand out of my pocket obediently and placed it into his hand. "You too, Malfoy." Ernie gestured at Draco's wand. "My father bought me this wand."

Well, duh-

"Oh shut up about your stupid father, what's he gonna do from his cell in Azkaban." I retorted, perhaps too harshly (I realised when he winced slightly at the mention of his father.) Draco placed his wand in Ernies hand, shooting me an angry glare before grabbing his sponge and scrubbing at the windows.

"This is a dungeon.. why are there windows.." I complained to myself as Ernie tended to his homework. "And has no one in this castle heard of Windex-"

"Could you shut up for two seconds." Draco cut me off as I sent my sponge flying into the side of his face. Watching as it slid down his cheek slowly, leaving a trail of white, frothy bubbles as he turned to me angrily. "What the fuck, Mirabelle!" he growled, wiping his face and sending the sponge flying back over to me as it splatted into my neck.

"Don't think I've ever heard you say my name before." I spat sarcastically, throwing the sponge back at him. "Oh but I haven't used it, that's not your name is it.. Mara." He sent the sponge flying back at me as I stood there, stunned.

"How did yo-"

"Mother and father keep me very informed on matters concerning the Dark Lord." He snickered, just loud enough that I could hear, but Ernie couldn't.

A familiar aching feeling entered into my chest as I swallowed his poisonous words. Without thinking, I picked up my bucket of water, and dumped it over his head. Feeling only just a tad better when he was soaked.

"You'll pay for that!" He picked up his own bucket of water and poured it over my head as Ernie sprung up from his seat. "Are you serious." He groaned. "I've had enough of this, just go clean yourself up, you're dismissed." He ushered us out of the room as we left a path of soapy water behind, bickering all the way to Myrtles bathroom.