Chapter 29: An invitation (6th Year)

"Do you think he'll ever genuinely smile." Oliver chuckled from beside me as I continued to ruthlessly insult our Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Snape.

"He's got a stick up his ass, he does." I scoffed as we practise our non verbal, disarming spell. "Just because you lost 5 points from you house." He nudged me gently. "Easy for you to say, you didn't lose any points, and you were laughing just as loud." I huffed as I successfully sent him flying across the room, non-verbally.

"I said not to use full force, Miss Riddle." Professor Snape suddenly appeared behind us, scolding me for not holding back. "Sorry Professor, I just don't know my own strength." I answered smugly, but not smug enough to lose anymore points or land myself in detention.

"You did that on purpose." Oliver rubbed his back. "Of course I did." I giggled as his eyes flickered to the corner of the room for the 99th time this lesson. "What do you keep looking at?" I spun around as my eyes met the back of Pansy Parkinsons head.

"What are you looking at Parkinson for?" I asked, when I suddenly noticed who was standing just in front of her, slightly blocked by Pansys swollen head.

"Oh." I turned back around to face the Gryffindor boy. "I think Draco wants me dead." He concluded as he continued staring over at him. I didn't dare turn around, I didn't want to risk making eye-contact.

"What makes you say that." I grinned. "I've no idea. At first I thought maybe it's because he likes you, but there's no way."

"And what's so unbelievable about liking me." I raised my eyebrows playfully. "Oh, you know what I mean." He rolled his eyes, suppressing a smile. "Hmph." I huffed, pretending to be offended.

"You're so dramatic." He pointed his wand at me, sending me flying across the room this time, as I hit the floor with a loud thud. "You're dead Oliver." I reached my hands out as he grabbed them in his, pulling me up. "My ass hurts." I whined as he apologised.

"Where's Snape now, huh?" I scoffed. "Are you okay?" He tried to remain serious but he couldn't hold back his laughter as he pulled me into a hug, wrapping one of his arms around my shoulder as I crashed into his chest.

"I feel like a child." I grumbled as he released me.

OH MY GOD HE JUST HUGGED ME

"Ahem, anyway." I coughed slightly, trying relieve the tension, though it seemed I was the only one that felt slightly awkward as I noticed he was looking across the room again at Draco.

 Maybe I can risk a teeny peek.

"See, I thought so." He boasted as we observed the look of pure-loathsome seething from the Slytherin boy. "He likes you. I knew it." He poked my waist, teasingly. This only fuelled Draco's rage.

"I think he just hates you." I squirmed as he continued poking me. "You're just clueless." He sighed as I sent him flying across the room, once again, as he crashed into a desk. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to!" I rushed over to him.

"Well- I did mean for you to fall on your ass, but not hit the table." I crouched down beside him as he rubbed his sore head. "I deserved it." He confessed as I reached my hand out to help him up.

----

I sat at the Hufflepuff table not long after D.A.D.A, spooning pumpkin soup into my mouth as Hannah complained about the excessive amounts of homework she was receiving in History of Magic.

I ignored the flurry of Owls that whooshed into the hall, I never got letters anymore now that Amelia and Sirius were both dead, so you can imagine my surprise when not one, but two letters dropped in front of me.