Chapter 4.) First Blow

We got into the library together and as Daichi went looking around I only stared at everyone in the Library, Ennoshita, Asahi, as well as Akaashi and Bokuto who had just walked in.
I was looking for Ennoshita's key, or at least what I can assume was his.
I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.
I need to calm down, there's no way we'd kill each other.

Out of no where Monokuma popped up from behind me.

"Hello my dear students! I came to give you your motive, I figured you guys aren't killing because you need a little motivation!"
I almost tripped trying to back away when Daichi grabbed my wrist. He gave me a reassuring smile and then faced forward. Even through the smile I saw the true fear in his eyes.

"What do you mean motivation..?"
Ennoshita asked nervously.
"Well obviously the keys gave someone a little motivation but it seems the tables have turned!"
Monokuma laughed.
What did it mean by..
The tables have turned?
"Tables have turned? What are you talking about?"
Daichi asked crossing his arms.
"You have twenty four hours to kill someone, if you don't!- Then you will all be killed!"
Monokuma ignored Daichi with an evil response.
"W-What!?"
Asahi yelled terrified.

"That's right! Twenty four hours!"
Monokuma announced.
"Now, I should get going to tell the others!"
He then disappeared into the hallway with all of us standing still.
I then turned around to the others and saw Ennoshita freaking out.
"Where is it..?"
He mumbled rummaging through his pockets.
"What's wrong Ennoshita?"
Daichi asked.

"It's.. Nothing."
Then a key slipped from his pocket.
Maybe.. He was the one who picked up his key, he noticed he had dropped it.
Thank god!
I sighed in relief as Ennoshita ran out of the library with his key.

Bokuto and Akaashi left the room right after probably bothered by the Monokuma announcement.
Me and Daichi looked at each other for a minute and then he came up to me.
"You okay?"
He asked.
"I'm fine Daichi. You need to worry about yourself, all of us are in danger."
I told him.

He's been so concerned for everyone else that I feel like even with his build he's the weakest from us.
He nodded at my response and we decided to distract ourselves with a few novels.
Other than glancing at a few books we chatted for a few hours.
We couldn't leave right away, we were too afraid.
Afraid to face everyone that..
May become killers.

I wanted to keep telling myself that we wouldn't do it but with the motive one of us would probably do it..
There was a bigger risk in walking around the school alone now.
Also, because of the clothes that all look alike to the point where we have multiple team shirts and shorts for our numbers and our actual clothes from home. If someone got blood on them they could just change into the same outfit..

"What are you reading?"
Daichi asked.
"Uhm.."
I flipped the book over.
"Dear Evan Hansen."
I said.
"Oh, if you like the book once we get out of here we should go see the musical."
He said with a smile.
I sighed and got up putting it back.
That should've made me happy but I didn't believe, for some reason, that both of us would make it out of this place.

Daichi followed me getting up from his seat as well.
"Suga, you're usually so positive in any situation. I know this is hard.. But I'm here for you all the way."
Daichi said, his worried expression hard to look at.

"I just don't want to see our friends kill each other."
I mumbled.
"I know.. We're forced into this, this isn't actually what any of us want to do."
I looked up.

"Us? You weren't debating on killing.. Right Daichi?"
I asked frightened by his wording.
"No- dammit, that came out wrong. Look, just trust me. I'd never kill anyone.. Unless.. The timer would be near to running out.. I couldn't let you die, or our team!" He faced away struggling to find the right words, trying not to upset me.