Now

Yoongi's (aka Sleeping Beauty) point of view:

Everyone was freaking out about some curse. A curse that would put me to sleep for hundreds of years.

It doesn't sound so bad in my opinion. This was my chance to do nothing for the rest of my life.

But Father and Mother are paranoid people. Apparently I'll prick my finger on a spindle or whatever, so they decreed the annihilation of all spinning wheels.

Did I mention my parents are the King and Queen?

They say true love's kiss can save me but I call bullshit. There is no such thing as true love. Not even ordinary love.

I seriously don't get it. Apparently, these magic fairies bestowed 'gifts' upon me when I was a baby- at least that's what my parents say.

They say they gave me the gift of beauty and song.
Well...I don't see it.

You see-I'm not the most handsome guy out there and I can't sing for shit.

I was supposed to get a third gift but was interrupted by the whole curse thing. I would hope for something that was real or an actual gift.

I'm pretty sure my parents made that whole story up-the whole gift thing. I haven't even seen magic in so long.

Anyway, I don't show my face much in public. People are visibly disappointed when they hear the prince has the gift of beauty and they see my face.

I am also a lot bigger than I should be. I don't get out much since my parents are paranoid and Mother is basically preparing me for hibernation for when I fall asleep.

They have already gathered all the Princesses from across the lands for my 'true love' but those bratty Princesses only care for looks and popularity which I don't have enough of, apparently.

I'm glad none of those spoiled brats is my 'true love'. I can definitely live without them-well-sleep without them.

Mother is getting worried as my twenty first birthday approaches, the day I'm supposed to fall asleep.

It's just a shame that I'll never get to live my life, take over the throne, make friends, find a passion. I have no hope for a 'true love's kiss'. When I fall asleep, I'm basically a goner.

I don't see the point in stressing or crying over the curse. We did try a lot of ideas like finding someone to remove the spell or killing the witch. We didn't end up killing the witch because she vanished off the face of the earth, nowhere to be seen.

We also tried a lot of strange things to get rid of the curse like rituals and spells and all sorts of charms and enchanted objects.

My parents were so desperate that they even planned on giving me away as a baby to try and hide me from the curse, but they quickly realized how stupid that sounded and cherish me and love me everyday.