Monkeyin'

The audience claps as Yoongi and I bow to one another at the end of the song.

Once again, people fill the dance floor to continue the dancing.

I can't imagine that people are still dancing well after midnight.

"When are these people going home?" I ask, my eyes scanning the different kinds of people.

Yoongi shrugs.

"People usually start leaving around midnight. I usually leave earlier than that" he says.
"Isn't it after midnight?" I ask.
"If you're talking about that old annoying clock, it's like two hours behind" he explains.
"Ah-that makes more sense."

"Nice dress" he suddenly says.
"Thank you. The genie helped me out. You're not looking too bad yourself" I say, gripping onto his collar, straightening it out.

"Not bad at all" I give him a killer smile, looking him right in the eye.

"It's starting to sound like a threat. Take off the mask, would ya" he says, irritated as he looks away.
"No thank you, your highness" I cheekily say, leading him into another dance. He doesn't resist and let's me lead this time.

"Haha, you can't let her do all the work. Shall we?" Hoseok laughs with a knowing smile, a hand ready for me to take. Even with his mask, I know it's Hoseok from his smile and voice.
"Get your own partner" Yoongi clicks his tongue.

"Just one dance. We can show him how it's done" Hoseok continues his smile.

Then the music changes to a tango.

"Come on, I already asked for the song" Hoseok says one more time.
"Oh~a tango" I'm officially bought and switch to Hoseok. Yoongi didn't resist so I assumed it was ok.

Hoseok is a much better dancer than what I thought-technically speaking. I almost couldn't keep up, but somehow managed. Not sure if I looked like a fool.

From his smile here and there, he seems to enjoy our dance.

"I saw you dancing earlier. I just had to dance with you" he starts talking. How can he manage to converse and dance?!
"Wah-Hoseok. You're seriously so cool. I'm barely keeping up and you're talking like it's nothing" I say, trying to balance my breathing to speak to him.

"You know my name?" He asks with an excited smile.

So he doesn't know it's me yet.

I would've teased him, but it's Hoseok. My former ugly club member.

"If (Y/N) rings a bell" I eye him with a smile.
"Oh-you know (Y/N)?" Hoseok asks, smiling.
"It's me. I'm (Y/N)" I clarify and Hoseok messes up, making me fall.

It felt like slow motion, but he catches me.

Our faces inches apart as he stares at me with wide eyes.

"S-sorry. You found the most beautiful person?" Hoseok asks, getting me up again.
"Not yet. The genie helped me out for tonight."

"You sure it's not you?" Hoseok smiles.
"I think so too" I play along.

The song ends with a last pose between us, very close to one another, staring at each other's faces as we try to catch our breath.

From his serious face, staring into my face transforming into a cheerful smile.

I lean forward.

"So cute" I coo while the next song begins.

"Thank you for the dance, fair lady" he says with a bow, kissing the back of my hand.
"Let's get something to drink" he suggests, guiding me by the hand.